Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I decided to take my bike to BHD because I've heard pretty good things about them, and they are close.

Their policy on insurance estimates is 2 hours labor, and that charge is waived if you have them do the repairs.

·
Registered
385 Posts
That is against the law I believe? Have you ever had to pay for your car to have an estimate on repairs. I will check with my brother, he was a claims adjuster for AAA. But I'm pretty sure there is an insurance law that states an estimate cannot be charged a fee, irregardless of choice of shop for repair. What if they were the highest qoute or your insurance had a preffered shop? You're out the 2 hours? I don't think so.

Once Again A Ducati shop trying to screw someone....Not the first time I've heard of BH Duc doing that, nothing has changed there.....

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THat's an interesting point about it being aginst the law. The consensus was that if I wanted to remain in good standing with a shop, that I should pay them for the estimate, ESPECIALLY if I was not going to have the bike fixed there.

Time to give an estimate on a bike is time spent by an employee "working" on a bike as far as I'm concerned. So it seems fair to me.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I edited my initial post in case anyone would read this and get people in trouble.

I just wanted to point out that I was happy with what they were doing, and also to point out how they charged/didn't charge for their damage estimates.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
And so far, the crew at BhDucati have been very nice to work with.

T

·
0 Posts
new guy here, here's my two cents...

my '99 750 dark was refusing to start sometimes, and I got stranded in venice one night. I had the bike towed to BHD and they fixed it in under a week.

when I went to pick it up, there were 4 HUGE scratches on the side of the tank. (okay so they were all less than 3", BUT they were down to the metal!)

right away they blamed the tow driver. I figured sure, and called to ream the guy out. the tow driver actually came to my place of work, and re-hoisted the bike to show me how he did it. between his technique and the soft nylon straps, I believed there was no way he could have done the damage.

upon closer inspection of the tank, I could see that small fibers were imbedded in the scratches. they matched the color of the cover BHD had placed over the bike, while it was outside. Somebody must have tipped the bike next to mine over, nailing my tank with the other bikes bars, because the damage was done while it was covered. I only wish I had checked the cover more closely for rips - but I was too willing to believe the tow guy did it...

so, they didn't fess up to something I think they did. on the other hand, an earlier post mentions them admitting to scratching someone's rims... so it's tough to say.

altogether the guys are cool, and the repairs were solid. just something that no-one wants to happen to their toys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts