Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got an '01 900 and have recently notice the gas light which used to go on around 115m to 120m is now making it to 130m to 135m. Happened on my last five tanks. Seems to be increasing with each tank. Any explainations out there? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
When did you buy the bike?

Colder tempurature COULD result in better gas mileage and a leaner mix. It certainly makes a difference at Moroso, our local 1/4 mile track. If you've never ridden this bike in cold temp before, that MAY be the reason. This is just a guess here cuz' I don't know if you've had your bike for many years or not.

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
hm. my mileage always goes down during the cold.

but i peg this on me spending more time letting it 'fast-idle.'

·
Registered
969 Posts
Bogie said:
I have got an '01 900 and have recently notice the gas light which used to go on around 115m to 120m is now making it to 130m to 135m. Happened on my last five tanks. Seems to be increasing with each tank. Any explainations out there? Thanks.
A five year old bike with 4000 miles....poor thing...it needs some lovin'.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Old-Duckman said:
A five year old bike with 4000 miles....poor thing...it needs some lovin'.
hey, i've got a '00 with ~9500. that's what happens when you buy a lot lizard many years after the model year. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
heck my 99 had 1700 miles on it (2 months later it at 3600).

Try to puy 10k a year on my bikes.

NAKID said:
Hahaha, that's what they call truck stop prostitutes...
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
zarn02 said:
. . .

oh, god. i've actually heard that term before! [laugh]

as far as i know, she was a virgin!
If you're referring to the fact that it was the first time she's had sex.......with you, then yes she was a virgin! hahaha!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts