Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the BEST alarm you can get? are there any sites that give a summary of features? im looking for one that has a feature that will alert you through cell phone or key attatchment when it goes off. Ive heard of there for cars but dont know any names. I live close to dc and they will just put it on a truck and work on it at home.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have the gorilla, which doesn't have any bells and whistles. The scorpio seems to be the top of the line for bikes, but I don't have any experience with it.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Good thinking Herb, but it won't fit under the seat of a Monster. Maybe one of those big-a$$ beemers....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Cliford for my car that tells me through a key attachement if anyone broke into or bumped the car... works until about 1/4 mile away. Gives you many scares with the bumps though.

Don't think they have that for bikes.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost every Alarm that is 12v can be installed on a motorcycle with a 12v system. The power requirements are minimal and the siren can easily be replaced with a micro "pain generator" siren that is small enough to fit anywhere.

Ciffords are great as well as Alpine, DEI, Viper, Gorrilla and Scorpion. There are MANY MANY alarms available and the features are going to be where the decision is made. I would always look for alarms that have built in relays for basic securtiy functions such as light flash or starter interrupt.

In selecting an alarm I would check out http://www.the12volt.com/index.asp first.

Good Luck

Liter:D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This would be such a great board if 90% of the blabbermouths on here were not such jackasses....

Just my thoughts, I could be wrong
Nice sig. Glad I'M not a blabbermouth... ::)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how many of you get your bikes screwed with in general. i live in bethesda maryland. Upper middle class snob suburban white. i just wondering what the soccer mom in the mini van with the scared kids is going to do when i ride by on in the parking garage with the road racing under engine exhaust. does your bike get messed with alot? teenagers, inner city pros, soccer moms, grand fathers mad that they grandson talks about bikes.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have had my rizoma mirrors stolen off my M620 and the alarm on my S4R went off twice one night (2 days after install). The guy I share a parking lot with came out one day and someone had jacked his ignition trying to break the lock.

It happens...I also chain mine to the parking beam.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have the Scorpio alarm system on my Monster. I am VERY satisfied with it. Features include:

- Remote activation or deactivation or alert
- 1/2 mile range with remote
- VERY customizable
- Very modular
- Motion or vibration or jarring alert
- Optional proximity alert (adjustable sensitivity)
- Optional remote ignition disable
- Very tiny in size
- Waterproof
- Easy to install (I did it myself in very little time)
- They take phone calls and answer your questions
- $299 to $400 depending on options selected

Check out their website, looking under "Scorpio alarm" or "Aritronix".

Jim G

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Nah, it's always you Herb! ;)

Ah crap, I'm a blabbermouth too. hey.....

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Blabbermouth: That review is for a way out of date version of the product. The current version is much better and lower cost! Check out their website.
I forgot to mentio many of its features in my list above. One additional one for example is that the system LOGS all anaomolies that occur while the alarm is armed, and time stamps them even.

Jim G

1 - 20 of 20 Posts