Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Note that their order form is not secure.

I really like the Coats 220 I use. But it likely costs 4x the price of this one. I just can't offer proper opinion... I really feel that you get what you pay for. With this, you may need to spend too mauch effort being careful to not hurt the machine or your wheels...

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I also use the Coates 220, it's a good basic machine that will last & if you change very many tires, you'll save money.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I have that model tire changer. Only use it for dirt bike wheels. It works ok, but sometimes the wheel wants to slip and rotate when you are running the bar around under the bead. I am not totally happy with it. You lever the bar on a center post as you run it around under the bead. The bar is not fixed at the correct radius. It definetly is easier than using tire irons. Not sure if I would put my Marchesini Mag Wheels on it for fear of damaging them.

Mike
94 M900

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I change magnesium & carbon wheels all the time. For carbon, I hate to put too much clamping pressure on the rim, so I have a helper hold the rim so it doesn't slip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts