Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you guys recomend the best top mounted steering damper for my new baby? does Scotts make one for the S4Rs?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Re: best steering damper for 2007 S4Rs? (Scotts)

ARROW! Go for the best!

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Any of the above dampers would do the job. Ohlins, Matris/Arrow... If your suspension is truly dialed in you really don't need one. I have the M3 on my bike and it works fine. I have it set to 6 and that's only in-case I hit a rock.

Good luck brother.

·
Registered
463 Posts
To answer the OP's qustion outright, the last time I checked (a couple of months ago for someone else) Scott's does NOT make a unit for the RS.

Matris M4R [clap].

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the best deal if found is a Matris Red M3 Damper, Top Mount, for $290 at oncycles.com
any thoughts where else i should look for a good deal? I'm not looking for cheap but for a good deal on the best damper possible.

I had a 1098s that was stolen in december and can't express how happy i am with my 07 s4rs. Picked it up for $9500 and it has only 1100miles, so i'm willin to put a couple bucks into it. I'll be putting up some pics soon. All i've done so far is chop the tail and put a termi shorty on it. Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I went with the Ohlins SD154. No regrets and it matches the other Ohlins components on the bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts