Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Best Sport Bike riding book?

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  fastbike 
#1 ·
Anyone have any insight? Lokking for a good sport riding book to hone techniques etc.

#2 ·
I'm currently reading Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist II. I heard the first one isn't quite as good. There's a good deal of info on shifting weight, and bad riding techniques you should overcome. Good stuff, especially if you plan on doing track days. Got it on eBay for $9 shipped, you can get it at a bookstore for $19 or so.

G
#3 ·
"Total Control" by Lee Parks and "Sportriding Techniques" by Nick Ienatsch.

I would say get both but if you only want one, "Total Control" barely ekes out "Sportriding Techniques". I think they complement each other very well.

They are the state of the art in performance riding books. Better illustrated and more accessible than "TotW, Vol. II"

Amazon.com has a few sample pages for "Total Control", I think.

#5 ·
Twist of The Wrist II is good for helping you learn to balance the bike for maximum overall performance.

Proficient Motorcycling by David L. Hough will help make you a better rider on the street. I just finished reading it for the second time and I still learned some useful things from it.

#6 ·
If you want to read something more oriented to street riding than track (i.e. looking out for real-world 'gotchas') you could try any of the David Hough books (Proficient Motorcycling, More Proficient Motorcycling and Street Strategies). Personally I found the first one to be the most engaging (Proficient Motorcycling).

G
#8 ·
just fiished codes book twist of the wrist II it was ok, but it wasn't in depth enough on the topics covered, more like a motorcycle riding survey...for the track

now reading Sport Riding techniques by Nick Ienatsch. so far so good. I am really diggin the "trail breaking" thing, but I am still worried about the "high side" thing.

#9 ·
Of the ones I've read so far, I like Total Control and Proficient Motorcycling. Haven't read Sport Riding Techniques yet. I think Proficient Motorcycling does the best job for street riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.