Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after riding 900+ miles back and forth visiting a friend in PA. I want a more comfortable seat than the stock one for my 696. However, being shorter 5'4" with a 28" inseam, I'm hesitant to get the touring seat as people say it is about 1" taller than stock and I'm on my toes as it is anyway, even with the suspension lowered.

Has anyone ridden long distances on the lower seat? Any chance that it might be more comfortable and a little lower?

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm a short guy at 5'5" and the Ducati Performance low seat made a huge difference in comfort for me.
Compared to the stock seat, the low seat is a bit lower but not by much. Any bit helps. It also feels a bit softer but still firm. It was well worth the cost.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I can't say for certain about the 696 touring seat, but the older touring seat is just the same height as stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I was also looking at a Corbin, but there are a lot of mixed reviews on what people think of them and at about $400, it's a tough mistake to make.

Hmm, might need to see if I can find someone local to me who has one to try out the lower seat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
lower seat is awesome. Heaps more comfortable than standard for shorties like me. I also have touring seat for when I go on long rides for a few days. I recently rod through the hills in Tasmania on a 3 day ride and Touring seat was a dream. Around town I feel better having flat foot contact plus the low seat looks hot.

Touring seat is the same height as standard so if current height ok, the touring is far more comfy.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
this is all a matter of personal opinion but my view is accomodate for your needs. In my case atleast 80% of all my riding is less than 1 hour in the saddle so if I had 1 choice I would chose the low seat. Mind you, it is fine when riding for longer periods but not as comfie as the touring for long tours.

Given you have a monster you probably dont tour on it anyway so low is Nmber 1 in my eyes particularly in that it is the best looking seat around in my opinion. That said if it is purely the most comfortable seat you are afer I am doubtfl you will find a more comfortable seat anywhere than the touring seat.

Finally, to me that extra inch or so lower to the ground makes me feel better when I am stoping and starting in Melbourne traffic most days. So for me 100% low seat.

1 minor point you should be aware of is i am not positive that the low seat may not last as long as touring given leather feels finer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am 5'7" and do not have any troubles with stock seat about stopping (it would be better if it was lower but I am used to it).

Lower seat is better looking and lower (maybe the position of seating is better then because I already took new higher handle bars) but not so comfy

Touring seat i same in position but more comfy.

Damn those choices!

Problem is that I can not try either of them :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts