Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This query goes out to those lucky enough to get SpeedTv or whatever channel carries WSBK nowadays. I'm a big MotoGP fan, so I already download all of those races, but I never got around to watching any SBK races this season. Were there any races this year, exciting ones that I need to catch? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
bayliss pretty much ran away with the season in general...
last 2 @ magny-cours, definitely. championship was already decided but there was some awesome racing between haga and toseland for 2nd place.
Assen - watching walker in the rain was a real treat.
definitely Brno - Michel Fabrizio was a madman.

those are all pretty recent.. memory of specific events earlier in the season is fuzzy. other than bayliss always winning.

·
Registered
541 Posts
bozcorob said:
Only saw race one from Magny-Cours - but it was definitely worth the watch

WSBK version of "tradin' paint" I hate nascar
+1 that was a good race.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Bayliss even mentioned that he thought that Race 2 at Magny Cours was probably his best of the year. The entire last half saw the '04, '05, and new '06 WSBK champions trading the front 3 positions relentlessly with a lot of controlled contact and some passes in places where it had likely never been done before on that track.

I saw the whole season, and I think the final race was the best. But that is the best of several absolutely great races this year.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This year (06) win definitely be on my list of WSBK Reviews DVD to get [thumbsup]
I would of got it anyway to add to my already EVERY year collection ;D

12 & 14 unmatched by any manufacture....BIG UPS [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Was it Sachsenring (or whatever the one in Germany) where Fabrizio went totally crazy at the end of both races. Those I think were the best1 Bu tit idid miss Assen and the one in England.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
chipazzo said:
Was it Sachsenring (or whatever the one in Germany) where Fabrizio went totally crazy at the end of both races. Those I think were the best1 Bu tit idid miss Assen and the one in England.
i think that was Brno. btw, what he did at the end of race 2 there was supposedly because he had no brakes. :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been Tivoing the WSBK races since mid season and there have been several very good ones as mentioned previously. However, the WSBK coverage is kinda low-budget compared to MotoGP. No on-bike video and they seem to be down on cameras because you don't often see crashes unless they are caught on the main screen. But the announcers are very excitable and overall it is very watchable.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I watch all the WSBK races as well as the WSS. They're worth watching IMO, the WSS has been a bit of a whitewash except for Charpantier's injuries, hopefully he'll go to WSBK and we'll have more competition. Kevin Curtain threw it away, what a loser, I can't believe he sucked that much. :-\

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
gm2 said:
Sofuoglu has been really fun to watch lately
So FU ogle you? ;D [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
chipazzo said:
How is WSS? I never really tune in. What is the class like, rules wise?
it's like ama 600 supersport + more mods and they allow 750cc twins.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
It's not bad, just Charpantier has been dominating and longer than that Ten Kate (honda) has been dominant with different riders for many years. That was all going to change this year except that Curtain choked like he'd accidentally swallowed a huge fat turd. It's pathetic really.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
granted Curtain only needed to finish 8th in order to win... and i guess i won't inadvertently put a spoiler in here.. but what i was getting at, Ten Kate dominance or not, it's still pretty amazing that Charpentier came back from a mid-season *pelvis* break. yikes. i can't think of many worse things for a moto racer to break.

anyway, i like watching WSS a lot.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Yeah, Charpantier is an amazing rider and on the best bike too. His recovery was very impressive, I can't take that away from him. I watch all the WSS races too so don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the series. [thumbsup]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.