Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
So it was Ducman, Kim, Jay, and Marty....An 851, Monster Dark, 916, 748, and my Monster.......it was beautiful.....and they knew roads I have only dreamed about.....so you guys need to talk to Kim or John since I have no clue where we were but you will want to know these roads...they are all cty. roads off of hwy61 near Red Wing.....2,3,4,5,6,etc.....beautiful only a little pebbly in some places otherwise clean.....fast sweepers that you can take wide open....and some tight ones thrown in for fun....I buried my speedo trying to keep up with the SBK's on the straights..not gonna happen.....uh let's see I think we were on 0 at first and a kid wadded his GSXR1000 into a guardrail but he seemed okay, his front end did not.....target fixation....hit it flush.....and they had been through and turned around and were going again when it happened......gosh I have no idea where we were at all..it was so nice being behind all those Duc pipes for once......and good riders....the best ride this year......you guys gotta see those roads......other than the Gixxer and Kim having a combine turn in front of her.........and the guys coming over a crest at 115 and seeing fire trucks and police cars coming at us with their lights on it was a great great fast relaxing ride, I am not even tired I am just stoked. I really needed that ride this year...after waiting so long to crank on it and being down so much this year....a perfect day riding with great people all on Duc's.......HEAVEN!
The scenery was absolutely stunnning....! The sound of 5 Duc's, man I am a little kid today...............yea!
;D
Thanks guys......great ride......John see ya in Cali.......

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
thanks Retro. I wish you could have at least lied and said it sucked donkey schlong. I went for a nice walk and talk with the old lady. Beautiful day out there. She just doesnt understand though. She said since we were out in the fresh air it was just like being out on the bike. I said yeah thats all fine and good but it isnt noisy. Then she proceeded to do her best impression of my Remus high mounts! What a tease.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Yeah that was a pretty good ride, my legs do hurt abit. I think its wothwhile pain :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Well I thought about that....kinda like you guys missed it blah blah blah....but the main thing.....I wanted to let you guys know there are really good roads. I mean I thought the alphabets were it you know.......plus you come back a good way too....all of a sudden you are on 94 just outside of St. Paul.....no extreme droning...on the way back like 52, or 94 from Afton.....

oh she made Remus sounds for you.....did ya get a room or did you guys go for the public display.... ;D

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Did I see the group coming south on Lyndale around 3 pm or so? Heard that Ducati pipe rumble and figured it might be you guys. I was coming home from my MSF class with about 3 hours of sleep under my belt so it was nappy time. Figured you'd look at me weird if I started honking and waving. Hopefully I'll be able to get the Monster out this week and maybe get in a few rides with the group before the snow flies. Cheers,
Hanns

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
yep that was prolly us and we would not have thought it weird if you honked and waved......we like to wave.....ya shoulda stopped at bob's and said hello.....now I may not get to see you and warn you about tony.....anyways no matter what he says don't let him
sit on your bike....especially if you are on it too....he's still wearing the same pink panties from 4 months ago....they aren't too pink anymore.....and with the skirt on well you get the picture.....

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
As long as he's wearing the skirt it's not that bad. We get this guy down at Ground Zero who wears nothing but a pair of tighty white underwear as his "costume". Nothing like a short, little, fat, hairy guy in ball huggers dancing around to make lunch try and crawl back up. Trust me, there isn't too much I haven't seen, guys in dresses and panties is a usual thing down at the club and doesn't even bother a second glance anymore. If Tony is comfortable with his feminine side I'm not one to judge. There just better not be any funky stains on my seat though or I'll break my policy of not hitting people dressed up as women..... ;)
Hanns

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Re: Best Ride Ever!.

Yes, yes this was a good day ;D Thank you to John for the pep talk after my incident with the combine. I guess there is a reason that combines arn't street legal. Combines arn't equipped with turn signals, REMEMBER THAT. I keep reciting that to myself. Somewhere, someone was looking out for me because if that thing had turned a second later I would have been eating metal.

Somehow I am glad that it happened because that may have kept one of us out of the incident on "O" with the squidly gentleman. Sucks to be him, and at least I didn't have an unscheduled getoff. Just a bit of a scare.

I enjoyed myself and it was great to ride with the two departing members of our group. I will definatley miss Kevin and John, you two are class acts. :-* :-* :-*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts