Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about replace the rear shock on my 2006 S2R 800 . . . I'm a big guy 6'2" and about 215 . . . so the stock seem a little weak . . . recommendations? Hagon, Ohlins, etc.

Also, Hagon doesn't list the S2R 800, but say they have a shock for the S2R 1000 . . . are they the same?

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
I'm a big Ohlins fan. An Ohlins dealer should be able to fit the proper size spring for your weight + gear. Additionally, Ohlins have as good or better re-sale value than most other shocks, and will be an attractive mod should you sell it on the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You might be able to find a used OEM s4r ohlins shock -- not exactly the same as the aftermarket ohlins, but an improvement, definately.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I’ve noticed that used shocks for single shock bikes are quite reasonable on eBay, so if you find out which shocks might work for you that’s a good place to shop. Also , I’ve seen some on Ducati.ms lately.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I’ve noticed that used shocks for single shock bikes are quite reasonable on eBay, so if you find out which shocks might work for you that’s a good place to shop. Also , I’ve seen some on Ducati.ms lately.
Yeah I always look them over. Just waiting for a time when one slips though the cracks and they price an Ohlins for the usual $50-$60 going rate for a used Sachs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts