Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a PC-III a couple of weeks ago. First, I had it mounted on top of the battery, then moved it to under the seat after I flipped the regulator (I don't like having to lift the tank whenever I want to access the PC-III). I'm considering attaching it to the frame under the left side cover.

Anyone have any opinion for the best place for it? Do you think it would be safe under the left side cover? I'm not sure if under the seat will be a permanent home for it, as I'm considering reinstalling the crankcase vent tank.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Peter,

I've got mine under the right hand sidecover, temporarily mounted.

Left side is probably better. I think I mounted it on the right side because it was a little easier to access when it's on the sidestand, or maybe just picked it at random.

BTW, what map are you using?

Have you done the "Set Throttle Position" yet?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't played around with different maps too much, but right now I'm running M710-002 (stock bike w/ D&D slip-ons), and I think I'm running a little rich with that map. I'm waiting for my FBF open airbox kit, and then I have an appointment to get the the PC-III dynomapped.

What's the "set throttle position?" While the installation instructions were good, I can't say that about any other sort of operating instuctions.

Which map are you running? I haven't played around with the European version maps and think I'll do that over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
try the custom fast by ferracci european maps on the dynojet site in the user submitted maps section. i'm having good results with those for my '00 900.

you should do the set throttle position first before installing the map... it makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I found the instructions on the PC site. I'll do that tonight.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Ok, I found the instructions on the PC site. I'll do that tonight.
Peter, did you notice a difference after doing the "Set Throttle Position"?

I'm running the M710-003 map.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nick,

I set the 0% throttle position, but without a dyno, how do you set the 100% position? I mean, the engine has to be running for the PC to work and if you went to 100% throttle in neutral for the time you'd need to use your computer mouse, I hate to think what would happen to your bike.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Peter,

Your PC III should have come with a little "battery adapter", it's a male to female 9-pin (DB-9 ?) adapter with a plug for a 9 volt battery. With that, the engine doesn't have to be running. Key still needs to be on, but that's OK as long as you don't leave it on for a l o n g time.

Check here:

http://www.powercommander.com/buynowacc.shtml

The "Consumer Power Adapter", #66116001

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Nick.

I did get that with the PC. I'll dig out a 9v battery (smoke detector?) and do that tonight. I think I noticed a small improvement just from setting the 0% throttle position.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts