Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around the shops in Bellevue - I90 motorsports, and the Kawasaki dealer - lookingfor a good eurpean fitting leather jacket like Ducati or Dainese. I really like the Ducati Retro Jacket, but it is selling for $600 at Ducati Seattle, and I was wondering if there are other less expensive options for similar or Dainese Charger, etc. Maybe something on sale?

Anyone know of a good shop for a good range of quality leather at good prices, and somewhere with retro looking jackets with modern armour?

Thinking about a perforated jacket I can wear Spring, summer and fall. Tried on the Icon Daytona, but it is cut too wide for my liking - same with the Joe Rocket I tried. Really like the look of the Ducati Old Timers Jacket: http://store.proitalia.com/982604054.html but think it would be unsuitable for the summer. Ideas and advice much appreciated :)

G

·
Since you are going to spend that much money on a jacket, you might as well get a Vanson leather jacket. These are considered to be the best on the market, and are worth every penny.

www.vansonleathers.com

You can check out their local dealer list and see where to go to get measured and fitted.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. The site is not performing too well at the moment - hard to download some pages and pictures. Like some of their styles though - they have some cool retro stuff.

G

·
When you log onto the main www.vansonleathers.com site, a text box up top appears:

"Notice: We have had some problems with our existing ECommerce web site and we are working to solve these problems. We apologize for any inconvenience. Click Here to go to our new site for product information. This site is not yet ready to accept orders. If you would like to place an order please contact our sales department at 508-678-2000 or email [email protected]"

Click the hyperlink to operate the site....the old site is much better than their beta site.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for pointing that out! The old site works good.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Not sure about the Ducati labeled stuff...

Kneedraggers has Dainese and Alpinestars. Both about the same quality by my experience. Italian designed, softer leather off the rack than Vanson... All the jackets and suits that I've seen from them lately were manufactured in Eastern Europe.
http://www.kneedraggers.com/index.php?cat=3.6

http://ww.newenough.com sells Alpinestars (and Vanson) as well.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Don't forget to check the hallway raack at DucSea. They've got a bunch of marked down stuff in there. I came across some really nice Dainese gloves the other day that fit sooo nice, and at $100, still 50% off. Damn!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Weather is sooo nice today that I went down to DucSea to try on what they had. Unfortunately I am a 52 and there was nothing on sale. BUT, I am now the proud owner of a retro looking Ducati Meccanica jacket in black, red and cream. ;D Got shoulder and elbow hard armour, but no back armour.

Really liked the Dainese Retro, but somehow I just couldn't resist the even more retro looking Ducati jacket. Was thinking about getting the matching leather pants, but that may be overkill (too retro!), and my piggy bank probbaly won't handle both purchases this month.

I did actually try and order a Daniese Charger Jacket from Kneedraggers, but unfortunately they were out of stock. Completely happy with the outcome though.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Right on. Glad you were able to find something you really like! I liek those retro styled jackets as well. Heck, I like anything retro. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts