Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently done a bit of online shopping to upgrade my Monster and i have deal with several online shops.
Some of it is good, some of it is not. Some of it is good until you send the payment and its down hill from there onwards. I would like to share with the members here who i think will get my vote for best online shopping experience. And i hope we can somehow have a system here that can constanly give feedback to fellow Ducati members. And most of all to raise the standard of online shopping services. And to keep the unwanted vendor away.

The shopping experience may vary from person to person. Some of us may get a good service but others wont. But general rule is, if there is smoke there is fire. It might not be fool proof but at least you get an idea who you are dealing with and its up to you if you choose to continue. For example if one vendor gets 8 good rating and 1 bad rating... generally its acceptable. And another vendor gets 2 good rating and 5 bad rating you know you better stay away.

The best online shopping need to meet the following criteria.

Online web address: www...
1. Prompt reply to your enquiry.
2. Inform you if they have the following product in stock for immediate delivery.
3. Inform you If they do not have the product and when will they have it?
4. Secure payment method that benefit both parties.
5. How long does it take to receive the product after payment is made.
6. How satisfactory is the product.
7. Would you recommend this online shop to another member.
8. On a scale of 10 what would your rating be. 1 for bad. 10 for good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Online web address: www.carpimoto.com

No reply until you place a web order.

2. Inform you if they have the following product in stock for immediate delivery.
Yes. very clear information on the web.

Yes. They even indicate when they will get delivery from their supplier.

Yes. You pay to their partner bank. They do not get to know your credit card no. The Bank will approve your card and inform them to deliver.

4-5 days. with DHL tracking numbers too.

Very happy with it.

Yes! Definetely! I have purchase 3 items from them so far at different times. Rizoma rear sets, Matris Damper, Rizoma Limit naked mirrors. They are very consistent.

10/10

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Online web address: www.speedymoto.com

Yes!

Yes! its on the webpage.

Yes. But you have to write to them to know when will they get new stock.

Yes. Normal credit card payment.

I op for US postal service... so product takes about a week plus.

Very Good!

Yes!

9/10. it didnt meet 10/10 because i feel they should email the customer once the product is send.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Online web address: www.dainese.be/en/contact/company/index2.htm

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

Yes. Normal Credit Card payment.

5-7days.

Good!

Yes! I didnt get a good Dainese service from my local dealer. So i was force to look else where for better service.
What i like about these guys is they ask a lot of questions to get your size right. The effort is there. I bought a Full suit, leather jacket, leather pants, boots and back protector. And they all fit very well.

10/10. They do not have nice website with nice design and nice pictures. Generally most pictures are just snap shots or from catalog to give you a idea of the product. no frills. no gloss. But genuine good old service.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I'm curious how you are able to rate a company you admittedly have never ordered from? CA-Cycleworks is awesome...period.

Just because a company is small and doesn't have the time to respond immediately via email, or have the resources to maintain a website that automatically tracks inventory, doesn't mean they're not a good company.

If you want info. from Chris...pick up the phone. He is always more than willing to help, and definitely goes the extra mile for customer service.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know i will get a couple of flame for putting this up. But you must understand, I m talking about international order. That means different time zone. When i m awake ... he is sleeping. This is just my experience. You are welcome to fill in your fair share of experience.

I only want the company to improve. Its a competitive world out there.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
DarthMaul said:
i know i will get a couple of flame for putting this up. But you must understand, I m talking about international order. That means different time zone. When i m awake ... he is sleeping. This is just my experience. You are welcome to fill in your fair share of experience.

I only want the company to improve. Its a competitive world out there.
Actually, we are continuously evaluating international sales. Every 6 months, I'll contemplate suspending international sales and that's when the Australians and Kiwis unknowingly come through with a lot of great sales and I'll keep on shipping internationally.

:-\

·
Registered
704 Posts
DarthMaul said:
Online web address: www.ca-cycleworks.com
Sometimes you get reply. Sometimes you don't. Sometimes you get a reply after a few days or weeks. i have always gotten at least same week reply from chris. phone is best

You can't tell if they have the product in stock. You have to write to them. or you could call

Yes they do reply but not immediate. Product generally takes quite a while to get in for delivery. items in stock ship very fast. items which are not in stock are at the wim of the company which sells it to cycle works. if the bling is not available, its not available

No idea. Didn't get to purchase anything. payment is secure

No idea. always got product in standard shipping times when in stock and payed for

No comment. very

Errr. nope. They give me the perception that they are generally too busy to handle online shopping.
they have always been helpful to me

8. On a scale of 10 what would your rating be. 1 for bad. 10 for good
4/10. i hope they improve their online service as i do hear good stuff generally from some of the members who have deal with them direct on a upfront shop service. But for online service they have a long way to go to be competitive with the others.
at least a 25!
2 more comments...

1. I dont think cycle cat charges you for an item that they cant get in the mail to you (from their stock or drop shipped)

2. its a relatively small business, run by someone who is very helpfull. the helpfull part is worth all of the other perceived issues noted.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
DarthMaul,

if the title of your thread is "Best Online Shopping experience" why are you posting about ca-cycleworks if you didn't order something from him? Seems you are not following your own thread title. ??? At first I thought this was going to be a thread where we can keep everything positive which is something I think DML could use around now, as I find the general whiny atmosphere in here lately very disappointing.

My boyfriend (Terry aka 2001cromo) ordered some BrakeTech brake rotors for my bike last week. Terry posted in his order that he had some questions about some other things. Chris called him back later the same day and they were on the phone for what seemed well over an hour talking about bikes.. I even jokingly remarked at them while they were on the phone for a long while that I'm sure Chris must be busy and that Terry was taking up Chris' valuable time, though I could tell they were both enjoying their conversation.

BTW Chris Terry and I both thank you for well... just being you!!! And we are grateful that there are passionate people like you in the business. [thumbsup]

-michelle

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Industrial_Grrrl said:
BTW Chris Terry and I both thank you for well... just being you!!! And we are grateful that there are passionate people like you in the business. [thumbsup]
-michelle
Thanks Michelle!! Jeff at Brake Tech is almost done brewing your rotors and they're hoping to ship this week.

Thanks,
Chris
;D

·
Registered
760 Posts
It's real easy.

If you like some place(s) and maybe even have had previous good experience with them. You continue to do business with them...

If you have bad experience(s) with some place(s) then you go elsewhere. PERIOD

I trust most others opinions about as much as I trust critics, bench racers and armchair mechanics. Meaning not at all. Unless I believe what they're doing is good, they have shown (in my eyes) that they have a clue. I have seen a few in this "motorcycle/Ducati" industry that have shown this and I hope they stay around, but not all do/will.

There are a few I do trust and Chris/ca-cycleworks has always been on that list (in the 4 years I've been messing with Ducati's) and I've never met him, but have been doing business with him (via the internet) and recommending friends for a few years and have always had incredible, actually outstanding customer service from ca-cycleworks. Specific examples include, answering questions I've written in my online orders. Calling me if there's been any problems with my orders, keeping me informed via email of the status of my orders. Offering me technical knowledge that's obviously been learned from actually wrenching on these bikes and all of this for free. Sometimes answering technical questions even if I have not purchased anything.

And the minute I see someone complain about this, I immediately have 2 things go thru my head. (this is only me, can't say anything for anyone else)

1) I don't trust the person saying this, especially when they don't give examples and have also not mentioned trying to work issues out directly with the company they're complaining about...

2) I get pissed thinking, "damn, there goes another a$$hole trying to sh!t on the few good people in this industry"

I know per the rules we're not supposed to slam people here and that's generally for the best. And IMO (it's only my opinion) I've been seeing a LOT MORE jackass' around this website. And it's generally kept me from posting as I don't really want to be grouped with this "what color should I paint my XXX" mentality.

Wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago about this same exact situation were the group decision was to try to have a section for both people and shops/sponsors to post (after trying to work it out between individuals first) so that after a while we could get both an idea (I'll still trust my own experiences first) about both vendors and posters? Is there any progression with this idea?

And I completely agree with Herm's evaluation of ca-cycleworks the get eleventybillion in my eyes.

~Terry

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
JJGeo said:
I'm curious how you are able to rate a company you admittedly have never ordered from? CA-Cycleworks is awesome...period.

Just because a company is small and doesn't have the time to respond immediately via email, or have the resources to maintain a website that automatically tracks inventory, doesn't mean they're not a good company.

If you want info. from Chris...pick up the phone. He is always more than willing to help, and definitely goes the extra mile for customer service.
I agree and have this to be the case with Todd at Cal-Sportbike.com

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didnt mean to flame California cyclework. I think there is room for improvement. Well i guess what i see as feedback, some see as criticism. And as a testament to ca-cycleworks service, i m glad to see so many stand up for him and have good faith in his service.

Now imagine... what ca-cyclework can be... if Chris improves on his online service.
I believe with a better system, he will be a big hit. There is so much potential.

Anyway Chris has pm to me in good spirit, and i will reply to him on a personal note.

I shall remove his post since it upset so many.

meanwhile... Happy Shopping.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
DarthMaul said:
Now imagine... what ca-cyclework can be... if Chris improves on his online service.
I believe with a better system, he will be a big hit. There is so much potential.
Chris already is a big hit around all the boards I frequent [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Best online shopping experience... boltdepot.com !!! $0.14 for two 10mm bolts, got them 4 days later with a bag of M&M's in the package.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I liked the idea. If people could have followed the same format you laid out;

In no time you would have known what people felt about CA-Cylceworks.

In fact you said "For example if one vendor gets 8 good rating and 1 bad rating... generally its acceptable."

So unfortantly this problably can't work, because if some disagree with you they won't follow the questions they'll just get upset.

To bad it could have been helpful to some us.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have ordered from Ca-cycleworks twice, And never again. As a matter of PRINCIBLE i cannot do business w/ people that cannot bother to send a simple reply after placing an order. The last time i sent the merchindise back because of "no response " from them, then Mr. CCW complained that i cost him money because he had to send the item back. This all could have been avoided had he just sent a reply. I know they are a DML sponsor, but so what,retailers are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
maxhr190 said:
retailers are a dime a dozen.
So are people like you ! Chris runs a very small business operation and he works hard to satisfy all his customers needs.. from experience I will say that you can never satisfy all of them, you fall into that group obviously.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
maxhr190 said:
I have ordered from Ca-cycleworks twice, And never again. As a matter of PRINCIBLE i cannot do business w/ people that cannot bother to send a simple reply after placing an order. The last time i sent the merchindise back because of "no response " from them, then Mr. CCW complained that i cost him money because he had to send the item back. This all could have been avoided had he just sent a reply. I know they are a DML sponsor, but so what,retailers are a dime a dozen.
Your product shipped within 48 hours of your order on Sunday. I'm sorry to have disappointed you.

So that everyone can read the story: maxhr190's first post ripping on me
and
my only real place to defend myself.

Onwards and upwards...
DarthMaul said:
Yes, I agree. However, the next step for our "system" requires a significant amount of infrastructure. If we have too many more sales right now, customer neglect will only be on the rise. Sales volume is a self-controlling process... when I'm too busy, e-mail response suffers. When I have anything going on in my personal life (like moving to a new residence this weekend), e-mail response suffers. When e-mail response suffers, sales level off instead of their usual 20~30% increase. This is exactly why I stopped selling the cheap-o levers: they ate up too much of my support time. I have detailed with my software people what the future shape of our system should be.

btw, thanks Dave! Yes, if only we could be as perfect as the machines the customers want us to be. It's certainly not like I'm choosing to have less sales than my company's potential. It are our passionate customers who let us suffer the shouters with a smile and move on to helping someone who is nice.

It are our passionate customers who keep me out of the cubical farm doubling my pay by writing code! ;D Hmmm, if I worked as a code monkey again, I could probably get a 1098... [cheeky]

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
i've dealt with chris repeatedly, and sending e-mails from oz and getting replies within a few minutes often has me wondering if he ever sleeps. i've bought a bit from him and by no means am i a big customer but i must say ca/cycleworks get my vote for #1 on line shopping experience. [thumbsup]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts