Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have to travel a lot on my motorcycle due to my job. I had a helmet before, but unfortunately, it was stolen last night, I am planning to buy a new helmet. I have seen some of the Modular Helmets, but I am confused between YEMA and HJC. I found both engaging, but still, I have to purchase one. So can anyone give me some personal experience of it? Which is better?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting idea, my friend looked a lot in this direction and the idea that I heard I really liked! This is really cool!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have to travel a lot on my motorcycle due to my job. I had a helmet before, but unfortunately, it was stolen last night, I am planning to buy a new helmet. I have seen some of the Modular Helmets, but I am confused between YEMA and HJC. I found both engaging, but still, I have to purchase one. So can anyone give me some personal experience of it? Which is better?
Out of those two brands I would say HJC for sure as far as quality goes.

The most important thing with a helmet is fit as long as it has passed appropriate standards, Aussie is fairly strict on that so you should be OK with any brand from a reputable shop.
Read this to get an idea of your proper size: How should a motorbike helmet fit?
Different brands can have different shell shapes (round, oval, narrow etc) so there can be quite a bit of difference in how they fit.

The Bell SRT Modular has been getting good reviews for a mid-price helmet, so that may be worth checking out as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought an LS2 Valiant ll a couple months ago. Check it out...the flip up chin bar turns all the way around to the back, making it a 3/4 helmet. Also, this is the first helmet I’ve had with a built-in sun visor that was actually as dark as a pair of sunglasses. They run one size small...I’m a medium and had to get a large. Shark is another manufacturer that makes a similar type modular.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts