Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been covered before....
Looking to upgrade my front brake pads on the 07 S2R-1K.
Need a better performing pad and with less brake dust generated.

I don't see how you guys with white wheels deal with the dust created
by the stock pads. I'm cleaning mine after every ride.
Thanks,
Stan

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
I clean my wheels a couple times a week.
But, I like to rub my Duc. ;)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Buy black wheels >:D

Dust's inevitible. I'd say save the money on the pads in the near term - unless you're looking at a necessary replace.

If so, a lot of people seem to like the preformance of the Ferodo pads - though I can't speak to the dust factor.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Larakat,
I hear ya!!, I like rubbing the Duc too...especially since you helped me with the O2 issue!!.
THANKS....SOOOOOOO.....MUCH!!!!
This bike is running fantastic now. I still want to do the exhaust mod.(ZARDS). I am waiting on the "still in development" Dynojet power commander ECU. I have added a K&N air filter and partially opened up the airbox. I only removed part of the front airbox lid and kept the stock intake...just cut around it. Seems to have helped some...have alot more induction noise now ;D even sounds like a Ducati.
Anyway....just thought someone might have the scoop on some less dusty high performance front pads. I've decided to just go for the high performance pads and quit being so lazy about the brake dust.
California Cycleworks sells some nice EBC HH sintered pads...think I'll go for those this winter..
Maybe ask Santa for some Pilot Powers also....

Red Baron,
Does that stuff work?? I have some spray Teflon by Dupont...maybe I'll try that when the tires get replaced.

yuu,
Yea, I know... you're right ..dust is inevitable. My story: Bought a used Volvo in 03..hated the dust output of the brakes...upgraded the rotors and pads. Now it is 60% less dusty than stock.
Just thought there might be some hope for the Ducati.
Yes, I do have black wheels...it is an 07 model...maybe this dust issue was one deciding factor in
Ducati changing from white wheels on previous years to black on the 07s??
If so then I don't feel so lazy!!!

Thanks,
Stan

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
S2R-1K said:
Larakat,
I hear ya!!, I like rubbing the Duc too...especially since you helped me with the O2 issue!!.
THANKS....SOOOOOOO.....MUCH!!!!
This bike is running fantastic now. I still want to do the exhaust mod.(ZARDS). I am waiting on the "still in development" Dynojet power commander ECU. I have added a K&N air filter and partially opened up the airbox. I only removed part of the front airbox lid and kept the stock intake...just cut around it. Seems to have helped some...have alot more induction noise now ;D even sounds like a Ducati.
This is music to my ears! [thumbsup]
I'm thrilled your bike is running like it should! ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts