Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 M750S and was wondering what the best oil to use is...also, what is the best for lubing the chain...just wanted to see wat has been tried and tested...Thanks!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I just did my chain with WD-40 and Maxima Chain Wax. Now that it's clean, I'll just need to use the chain wax.

There are lots of engine oils that are good enough. I never worried much about that.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I just did my chain with WD-40 and Maxima Chain Wax. Now that it's clean, I'll just need to use the chain wax.

There are lots of engine oils that are good enough. I never worried much about that.

Chain Cleaning: I switched to Motorex Chain Cleaner 611 (Switzerland)... it's the rat's ass for cleaning.

Chain Lube: I use Maxima chain wax - it rocks! I think many DML-ers use this product

Engine Oil: There was extensive info written on the use of motor oil (both automotive and motorcycle)... Ended up figuring out that for the amount of mileage that you're planning on putting on between oil changes, it doesn't really make much difference on which one you use. Of course, if you never change your engine oil, that's a different story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts