Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now it's just me. so I don't have a need to talk with others. And I don't care about phone calls.
My bluetooth ear buds get pulled out when I put my helmet on. It is great on... but very tight going on.
When I used to do a wired setup I had a great solution.
Now I need bluetooth.

Did you install speakers in your helmet?
Can they work if I am using ear plugs? (I always do)
Do you have an awesome set of low profile earbuds?
Do they have the FOAM tips for noise cancellation?

REX

·
Registered
1 Posts
My favorite are Skullcandy Method Wireless. Long battery, decent sound quality, and they are comfortable in-helmet. Real easy to find and control volume/track when wearing gloves. They are also at a price point, ($36) where I can just leave them with my helmet and not worry about them being broken or stolen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought about using in-helmet speakers but I was worried about them working with ear plugs so I tried a few in-ear options and ultimately chose the Shure SE215 with foam tips and the BT2 bluetooth cable. It has long battery life, it's comfortable for long periods, rarely falls out when putting on my helmet and has good sound quality but the small remote buttons are sometimes hard to find with thicker gloves. The foam tips offer good noise isolation and if the battery dies they act as ear plugs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Sena setup in my RF1200, but had to go with something else for my AGV Pista GP since there is no cutout for speakers. I have been using bluetooth Plugfones for awhile now in that helmet with no issues. They're like foam earplugs but with speakers. Comfortable and don't come off when putting the helmet on or taking it off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about using in-helmet speakers but I was worried about them working with ear plugs so I tried a few in-ear options and ultimately chose the Shure SE215 with foam tips and the BT2 bluetooth cable. It has long battery life, it's comfortable for long periods, rarely falls out when putting on my helmet and has good sound quality but the small remote buttons are sometimes hard to find with thicker gloves. The foam tips offer good noise isolation and if the battery dies they act as ear plugs.
I did buy the SE215
I can just barely get the helmet past them. But I do.

Rex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts