Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what's your opinion on the best dealers in the chicago area??????

Power Motorsports?
Chicago Cycle Center?
Team MCC?

Am I missing anyone else?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
No - you have all three. The only place I'd have the bike serviced is MCC. You get a 30% of discount for life at Chicago if you buy from them plus the bike will probably be the cheapest.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I steered clear of CCC based on recs from a few folks on this board. I checked out Power Motor Sports. Wasn't too impressed, they're not ducati enthusiasts in the least, I think they had one bike on the floor. Went to MCC last and the moment I walked in and started talking to the guys, I knew that's where I was buying my bike from, even if the price was a little more. They are most definitely enthusiasts. Personally, I like it there a lot, and have learned a lot just shootin' the bull with Geoff, Greg, Kevin and Dan. As always, my .02 and just my opinion. Good luck!

·
0 Posts
Stay away from Chicago Cycle Center. They've messed up everuthing I bought there except for my bike and oil.
MCC in Villa Park gets my bid.

R.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just talked with Greg at MCC this morning about a 800s.
He seems like a pretty cool guy, didn't pressure me to buy what he had on the lot or anything. He took the time to answer my questions and is helping me locate a Red one.

I've been to a lot of different shops in the Chicago area, and I put these guys right up there with Chicago BMW (if anybody is familar with them).

I will definetly do buisness with these guys.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Excellent! Hope you find one ASAP! Then again, the weather friggin' blows right now, so you're not missing anything. 45 degrees and rain. :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome Kordspapa!

Good luck in finding your Monster. Good bunch of guys over at MCC. You'll be fine.

And I'm familiar with Chicago BMW. Great shop. Bought my BMW from them.

Shyrlden

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just picked up an '04 620 Dark from MCC in Villa Park. Very easy to work with, and pretty knowledgeable about the Monster. They were willing to move a bit on the price, despite the fact that I bought at the very beginning of riding season. They goofed on my helmet order twice, though, so I ended up buying my lid from DGY Motorsports on Ogden.

I also visited Power Motor Sports in Palatine but wasn't impressed in the LEAST. The salesman told me he only stocked '03 Monsters because "there weren't any real changes between the '03s and '04s and because Ducati is offering us an incentive on them." I guess the extra gear on the '04 620 Dark and the Slipper Clutch aren't big changes to them, but they sure as sh*t mattered to me!

Stick with MCC.

·
0 Posts
PMS was probably lying. They just can't sell the 2003's.
Welcome. Check the board for ride dates. See you around bro.

R.

V

·
0 Posts
speaking of MCC, maybe we should start telling ppl that MOCHA told them to go there. cuz seems like trying to get our club discount isn't working so well? at least we can make it less of a hassle.

maybe this should be a new thread....

·
0 Posts
I haven't put anything up in their shop yet. That is my weekend project cause they're were a few monsters there. I saw a chromo at the film sunday.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Since there only three dealers in the area, it would be a great idea to get something up in those shops to promote MOCHA.

MCC seems like the best choice as far as I'm concerned. I would have loved to have had some kind of discount when I bought the bike last Sat. ::)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discount on bikes is pretty much out - the discount applies to parts I believe. But if you're talking a 600 dollar mod or 2g's worth of work that adds up.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I can testify to the fact they didn't jusp at the chance to gimme 10% off when I had my bike redone. Now whether or not it had anything to do with the fact it was an issurance claim, I'll never know. But if they woulda done the 10% off, I wouldn't have owed anything. And hell, with the surplus I coulda ordered some more stuff. I really think it had a lot to do with the fact we were just startin out and never showed them that we were really serious other than telling asking them to be our sponsor for the Ducati application. I think once we show that we are legit and people start going in there saying they were told to go there instead of the other dealers by the MOCHA guys, then we'll have a little more pull.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Since Rube is the moderator, I think he is prolly the one to handle this. Can we tack a thread giving MCC some props so it stays at the top of page 1 all the time. Ya know, like a MOCHA FAQ for best dealer in chicagoland, yadda yadda yadaa. A) it would help newbies get a quick answer and read all our opinions on the choices of the local dealerships and B) if and when MCC ever checked out the board, they'd see it and it would earn us some points with them. ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts