Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Just bought anew for me 1994 Monster 900 two days ago and the batttery is on its last legs. In your experience what's the very best battery for the bike. I don't ride every day, but I do have a battery tender to keep it charged.
Any advice is much appreciated.
thnx

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Strongly recommend Motobatt MB16AU. This fits my 1995 M900 is a sealed unit and cranks strongly. Not cheap (NZ anyway) but expecting it to be a lot less hasslle than the standard Yuasa.

A little bit of shagging around with the terminal connectors though, but nothing a pair of pliers couldnt fix. Important thing is that its a good fit otherwise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NZ man for your reply.
The Motobatt is indeed available direct from Impact Battery in Oregon ($92.00). Unless I can purchase it locally (Batteries Plus), I'll contact them today.
As you probably already discovered, the problem of fitting is the thickness/depth (3" max) predicated on the dimensions of the plastic factory shelf or cubby hole.
best,
Yoric

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just installed the Odyssey--nice fit and a full unconditional THREE year replacement. A little pricey but well worth it in terms of warranty and no leaks.
thnx for the tips!

·
Registered
215 Posts
i bought a deka etx12 battery. sealed, absorbed glass mat, maintenance free, 180 CCA. weights 9.4 lbs. i have it on my carb'd 900 w/FCR's. hasn't let me down. they have a smaller one to, the etx9. i didn't go smaller cause i never bought a battery solely by it's spec's.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Fiamm-GS F19-12B (19 AH, 200 CCA, 7.13" x 3" x 6.6")
Odyssey PC680MJ (19 AH, 280 CCA, 14.7 lbs., 7.3" x 3.1" x 6.7")

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Odyssey is noticeably heavy. I can believe the 14.5 lbs stated above.
Hopefully the stock cradle can handle the extra lbs without distorting, cracking or breaking away from its mounts.
So far, about six days, it works very well. It's quite powerful, starting the engine quickly on its first spinover.
Again, thank you all for your recommendations and advice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
+1 for motobatt. Just put one in my '93 Superlight. Easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Deka etx12

I picked up the Deka ETX12, but found that it was just a tad too thick to fit in the stock battery cradle (94 m900). With that said, the bike cranked strong.

I still have it, still in box, if anybody's interested.
PM me - open to offers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts