Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i have searched but havent found alot.

i'm building a monster as project.

i want to keen it air cooled to keep it looking simple.

its a 98 750 i brought as a repairable write off.i havent put much thought into it but has anyone put a hypermotard engine into a monster?

if not what is the best aircooled engine that will fit? i'm not worried if i have to change the swing arm.and i will be changine internals

thanks for you help
dave

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Best is a rather subjective term, but most of the hot rod guys use carb'd 904 motors. The most HP will be either a 1000 or the newer 1100, but they come with a lot of sensors, black boxes, red key stuff, etc., and are harder to keep looking tidy and tougher for the back yard mechanic to work on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well not best as such,just the most powerful that will fit into the 750 frame.i'm not worried about carb or efi or even changing the swing arm if i have to its a project so i'm pretty open with it.has anyone got the new 1200 efi engine into one of the older frames? or they changed the mounts etc?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i thought the hypermotard was 1200cc its only 1100.

i'm wanting a bit more than a carby 900 can give me really,i'm not worried about whats the easiest etc.i want to stay aircooled and put the most powerfull engine i can into that frame without modifying the frame.i'd like to keep a std tank of some kind so i can buy a carbon one of motowheels once i have the engine in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts