Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowsided (on the leftside) my S2R last Sunday, and I need some help figuring out exactly what the problem is with the handle bar.

Following are my observations:
a) At the full lock position, left handle bar hits the tank
b) At the full lock position, triple looks closer to the tank on the left side.
c) From just eyeing the handle bar, it maybe just fraction of an inch shifted to the right
d) If I adjust the steering stop (is that the little screw/bolt that keeps the handle bar from turning more?) I don't think the handle bar is going to lock in the "full lock" position.

Also, my second problem is that the left control unit (i.e. high beam, turn signal, horn) is loose on the handle bar, and I am not sure if it is OK for me to tighten the screws too much. I feel like it has loosened up too much and tightening it may not work. Any suggestions?

Help! :'(

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds like your top triple has shifted (is this possible?) at least. If you sit on the bike holding the handlebars straight, does the front wheel look to the right?

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
+1 probably just need to re-align the legs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
As far as the right button cluster, there's a small pin that runs through it into the handlebar. I was told you could disassemble the button cluster and use somethign else as a pin (rolled up duct tape, small pin, etc.).

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the insight.

BTW, any ideas on the loose turn signal control unit?

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slowpoke13 said:
As far as the right button cluster, there's a small pin that runs through it into the handlebar. I was told you could disassemble the button cluster and use somethign else as a pin (rolled up duct tape, small pin, etc.).
Does that apply to left button cluster as well?
Not sure I understand how a small pin would help tighten up the unit, although putting a duct tape around the bar make sense to me somewhat. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Red Baron said:
+1 probably just need to re-align the legs.
Is this as simple as loosening up the triple with some hex keys?

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Yes and no, have the bike on a front end stand that supports the lower triple clamp or hang the frame from the ceiling. When you loosen the bolts the front will drop if not suspended. Might be better to just have the dealer look her over anyway.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
stik said:
Does that apply to left button cluster as well?
Not sure I understand how a small pin would help tighten up the unit, although putting a duct tape around the bar make sense to me somewhat. Thanks.
Yes, that refers to the left side also. The pin just holds it in position. If you over tighten the switch the button will stick. The tape will hold it in place without over tightening. As far as the bars and forks go, without seeing the bike it is hard to give advice. If the bars are steel they are probably bent, if you have the fat bars less likely. Re aligning the forks is not difficult if you have the equipment. Gotta agree with Red Baron. Let a dealer or good tech take a look.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks much for the info. I will ask some pros to take a look.
DML rocks! [thumbsup]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts