Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I were just talking about the list of things to design and make for the Monsters. I like the idea of Belt covers, but Clear Cast Acrylic would look nice and we could flame polish for an absolute "glass look". It would be strong enough, allow for a "real look inot the inner workings" and shave weight.

I am interested to see how many of you would like to see such an item??

Kevin

·
Registered
269 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah! And you could machine some really cool aluminum bolts to hold them on!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Herb, you is a complete wise a$$ LOL LOL

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Magnus,

I believe the remark is a dead issue on the STUPID comment that I was so STUPID enough to make the other day, the thread started as a question..
;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you kidding me? I've been waiting all day for some excitement!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Okay, then let me answer it...

As you can see from MarkIV's post, somebody out there already sells them. Personally, I don't like them... the Rizoma's (which I have) are an alternative to just removing the belt covers. I was going to to do that, but figured I'd eventually lose a finger (or worse) in there.

Completely clear belt covers just wouldn't seem right on a monster, but that's my opinion.

And on the STUPID comment... sorry bro, but since you threw that out there to begin with you'll have to take your medicine like a man. We'll decide when it's a dead issue... ;D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ones in marks post are smoke color, I am suggesting clear.. The Rizomas are very nice, but I spoke to one of the sponsors and saw a bunch of them and the plexiglass that is used all cracking around the screw area. I am just filtering ideas on what would be nice for next years' project list.

Kevin

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought the Pexi ones looked kinda "gay". Not that there's anything wrong with that...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I like the sight glass on the old bevel singles - it is really neat to see the gears.

But personally, I don't really care to see the belts turning. Belts don't seem that exciting to me. But having said that, I guess it IS different than all the chain-driven cams out there.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
another option would be to paint your stock belt cover....

·
Registered
269 Posts
TX, there is nothing more satifying and relaxing than settling down with a big bowl of popcorn and watching the belts turn. It's kind of like that primal attraction to staring at a campfire, but with a high tech edge.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dunno bout plexi, maybe a nice black anodized or low-gloss finish billet with mesh inserts running the length and width of the belt cover face(s) so you can see the condition of the belt teeth..... and the mesh will let that side of the cylinders air-out a little more temperature-wise....just channel out the faces... no fancy scrollwork or Rizoma "modern art" flourishes

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the idea, and how do you feel about carbon fiber screen?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would the cf screen be translucent and would it breathe?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts