Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beside looking cool, do they do anything?

S

·
0 Posts
the racing versions are supposed to be able to hold a certain amount of fluid (a gallon?) to prevent a leak from getting all over the track.
the "chin spoiler" ones are mostly just cosmetic.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Beside looking cool, do they do anything?
From the online S4 Fogarty brochure:

"Essential accessory when riding fast. Ensures a heavier load on the front trail of your bike that allows improving its stability and handling. A must for riding your bike on a track."

Beside, they look cool... :)

R

·
0 Posts
Q: would a short "cosmetic" belly pan fit with a DP center stand? I can't get rid of the center stand for practical reasons (urban rider - frequent stops). But I'd sure like to add some looks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Q: would a short "cosmetic" belly pan fit with a DP center stand? I can't get rid of the center stand for practical reasons (urban rider - frequent stops). But I'd sure like to add some looks.
reasons not good enough for keeping the stand. get rid of it :).
try the roadracing one it might fit.

R

·
0 Posts
reasons not good enough for keeping the stand. get rid of it :).
try the roadracing one it might fit.
I know, I know... it's so bmw-ish :-[ , that's why I'm thinking to spice up the rosso looks, with a tiny red belly pan. I saw one in the DP catalogue #979300229.
Which one is the roadracing one?
Am I going to get a sticker shock?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
ducati should start to dribble out more stuff for the S4R
as time goes on.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I personally don't like the idea of putting more plastic on a bike that was designed to be naked. If you are gonna buy a bellypan, and a windshield etc, maybe selling the monster and getting a 996 would be a better choice?

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
ducati should start to dribble out more stuff for the S4R
as time goes on.
definitely.. over time :). all the accesories for older mosnters dint come out in a year so... i know its hard though :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts