Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, I was test fitting my pieces since I am finally taking them to the painter tomorrow, and I came across this problem. What is going on here? The bottom of the belly pan covers the rear set. I got this from spareshack - long story as to why it is yellow, but it is supposed to be for this model.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I see no apparent problem with that, does it in anyway hinder the function? I wouldn't worry about it unless it blocks something usefull. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
No problem. If you ever replace your rearsets you probably won't use those bolts anyway.

H

·
0 Posts
Seems okay to me, too. If it doesn't rub against the rear-set, I wouldn't worry about it. I doesn't look bad to me.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't screw it all of the way in because it is touching it. it will only screw half way in then it starts to bend the fiberglass!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
go to the hardware store and buy some washers. May be a couple of metal ones with a rubber one in the middle. None of the aftermarket bodywork ever fits exactly. If it does't interfere with the function of the rearsets its not really a flaw. Good luck, I'm sure it's going to look great.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks kommodo, I guess that is what I will do, I wish I could get some rear sets, that would really solve the problem ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Mine did the same - I used plastic washers. You could bend the bracket perhaps? Tom

M

·
0 Posts
I faced the same problem when I got my cf belly pan from Stuart a couple years ago (best part ever!). If you use the stock bolt for that side, it will indeed rub the rearset, in addition to bending the part. So, I wrapped an ordinary hex nut in teflon tape (to go between the bracket and belly pan) and used a longer screw to hold it on. Works great. Also, be sure to get some slack on your kickstand kill switch wire on the other side - I was worried the belly pan would slice right through it. Though I am paranoid about such things.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
My bellypan came wRe: Belly pan help - TONIGHT!!!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Sorry, Bloodshot, didn't edit your post...trying to fix this N/A bug... :mad:

N

·
0 Posts
anybody have pics of their belly pans on? my monster is yellow and i cant decide whether to go with a carbon fiber piece or yellow. so i need some opinions!

N

·
0 Posts
is that the one from Spareshack? are there other models that extend further back?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Did any of you have to modify (cut around) the area around the kickstand? Mine seems to interfere.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
No problems with the kickstand; I now have Rizoma rearsets, and it is even more open around the bellypan in the rear area...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts