Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Belle,

I have now officially stacked my bike while in motion. I was going to make the story more exciting, but want the f^%k, I was cruising up in Tomales and in one of the straights, I see a Monster coming towards me, give him a wave, then I realize that is Michael Moore. I thought he was just cruizing so I continued b/c it was really bad out there today (gravel everywhere), I get up to some of the twisties and I look in my rearview and I see Michael. So I was psyched to see him and wanted to say hello. I came out of one of the turns and it had a pull out, so I decided to pull over into the gravel (big mistake!!) and immediately low sided her. No injuries on my end, I was pulling over but, I hurt my baby good! Scratched front fairing, moved clip on in, got dirt everywhere, but the kicker was that I broke my rearset in half!!! MM came to the rescue with tools and we pulled it off. We put her in second and MM followed me all the way home, thanks again Michael. Talk about having a long uncomfortable and slow ride how to think about what a jackass I was.

Lesson learned, gravel is never your friend :mad:

Well my first and last thought was......time for some nice rearsets.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
:( That sucks! Glad u're okay :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Glad you're okay.

If the gravel doesn't clear out, I'm going to rethink my Sunday route.

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Yeah, CalTrans has helpfully spread 'pea gravel' (isn't that what you called it?) over all the tight corners in W. Marin. You'll be OK if you stay in the car tire tracks, but it is unnerving.

And I'm not sure this qualifies for the ticker. I mean it was at like 2mph! :-\
(unless of course you want to be immortalized!) ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michael Moore said:
Yeah, CalTrans has helpfully spread 'pea gravel' (isn't that what you called it?) over all the tight corners in W. Marin. You'll be OK if you stay in the car tire tracks, but it is unnerving.

And I'm not sure this qualifies for the ticker. I mean it was at like 2mph! :-\
(unless of course you want to be immortalized!) ;D ;D ;D
Yes it is pea gravel, atleast I can say that I learned something today. Northbay roads are definitely shitty right now. The "Peas" are everywhere!

As far as my immortalization, of course, I'm vain >:D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Glad you're OK! And many thanks to MM, a top guy to have around whether you wreck or not [thumbsup]

Say, is that the same "pea gravel" we encountered on Lucas Valley Rd. on the Death Race? The stuff I slowed down to nothing to get through and tried to point out to Enzo? Someone should find out where the bureaucrat lives who dreamed up that idea so we can line up the loud pipes at 3AM :mad:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Itsasickness said:
Lesson learned, gravel is never your friend :mad:
I dunno, I kind of like it sometimes ;D

Glad you're okay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts