Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my dealer today...seemed like a great guy, I asked about maintenance, the shop charges 60 per hour he said that they would work with me on the 600 mile interval as far as price goes and the 6000 mile interval would run about 250(acceptable to me). He had about 15+ Ducatis in stock so I basically got to see the entire lineup,--including the new "Matrix Reloaded" model...green tank with the Matrix digits "raining" down and through the Ducati logo...kinda cool but not my style...

But anyway, he has an O3 Monster 620 Dark, Black on Black for 6K out the door...looks like a pretty good deal. He also has a silver and yellow, but the black is beautiful.

Good Deal? yes/no go for it right?

Thanks for all the help!
gnew

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
gnew:

I'm in the same boat as you.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you are a newbie then going for the 04 with the clutch improvement might me a good idea. As for the price, that is about standard. I myself would like to have 6 gears and an additional brake disk up front. Thanks for posting that article. That was very informitive and now I understand why I am able to fishtail my bike when down shifting quitely.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I'd go for the 04 as well, price should be similar. Whatever you do, you're getting a monster, so I guess it is win/ win for you huh? Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I own a 620, standard with dual discs and a 5 speed, and can give you some impressions; dual disc brakes are nice to have, the non-slipper clutch of the '03 if fine, but a 6th gear would be nice on the highway, but 5 speed if fine most of the time.

So, I don't think you do wrong with either the '03 or an '04. I guess it would come down to price. If you could get the '03 cheaper, say $5500 out the door, I'd be more inclined to go that way. Since it has already depreciated 1 year, and it is only a 620, you will be taking a big hit once you roll it out the door. If you could get an '04 ,for around $6500 or so, I'd go that way. Newer, 6 speed, dual discs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts