Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Maybe I'm just anti-unnecessary carbon fiber, but that looks hideous!

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I agree with herb, I think I'd just stay with the duck tail than buy that. Least its not ridiculously expensive, and its functional.

-Patrick

·
Registered
100 Posts
thats hideous, my tail was chopped and im happy with it, it looks nothin like that though, i'll post some pics if i can.

matt

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Magnus speaks for the voiceless, tailless and cfless.

At least with the stock tail people will think you just didn't get to it yet. Seriously, has anyone seen a tailless Monster depreciated?

P

·
0 Posts
It looks better in the DP catalouge than it does on the bike. Have to agree with Daffe regarding resale value (modified v standard).

·
Registered
153 Posts
At least they tried... still really ugly though.

A skilled welder and a little paint can make a chopped tail un-chopped pretty quickly anyway.

Jeff

·
Registered
196 Posts
My monster laughed it's a$$ off when it saw that picture. Really! It just came right off with out any cutting or cussing. ;D

R

·
0 Posts

In all fairness it looks much better in person. I myself did not like it in the DP Catalog, but liked it when I saw it in person. But it needs a smaller LED plate light and to be painted black. You really need to see it in person.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I do agree with dennis, It look much better in person. If I had that option before, I would have left mine stock, since I ride in the rain every now and then. You can cut it anytime anyway, if in the long run you dont like the way it looks. ;)

R

·
0 Posts
this really belongs in the mods section...

although maybe this question will make it more tech oriented:
what is the functional rationale for the stock tray? It seems like most people like to chop them - why keep one?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts