Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I arranged to Dyno my 2000 Monster 900S before and after I modified it. The "before" run is box stock. The "after" run is with the FbF Full 2 into 2 low system, Airbox cover removed and BMC filter, and power commander.
Interestingly, the run showed the power commander map as provided by Ferracci was very good and really didn't need to be tweaked. Actually, the curves are nice and smooth.
You can see I gained a nice chunck of torque and power across the rev range.

So it all looks good to me! However, if you consider doing this, be sure you note the problems I had fitting my pipe at:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=parts;action=display;num=1079155278

Carl

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not bad at all... excellent gain in torque in the meat of the rpms! interesting to see that the bike was so rich from 4-5000... easy to see how "pouring in the gas" recklessly can screw up your power with that big dip in the stock curve...

good stuff though! hope you kicked some @ss with them about the header fitment, but in the end it looks like it was worth it!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct, I gained a nice chunck of torque and power across the rev range. In fact, you can see smack in the mid range at 5000 RPM a 8 ft-lb torque gain and a 7 hp gain. At that RPM this is about a more than 17% gain in horspower and torque!
Some of this looks to be due to the really lousy stock air fuel ratio. I'd be darn curious to fit a power commander alone with not other mods to a stock bike and see how well you could tune it. Most of the power might be right there without the pipe or airbox.
But regardless, the FbF kit seems to have done a great job.
C

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still can't believe this, it's a big increase in that midrange. Still grinning!... now to add two teeth to the rear sprocket... vroom!
C

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Not only did you get that big bump in power, you'll probably notice a nice jump in fuel mileage too.

Man, 11.5 to 10 :1 on the A/F ratio. Nobody asked you if it was a diesel, did they? ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts