Registered
616 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[laugh]

well.

I'm not really sure what happened, but I somehow managed to only get the first word in of my ride report. Apparently I deleted the rest of it?

Having NOT prematurely mothballed, I had a very entertaining ride yesterday evening. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to recap. Let's see...in 30 seconds or less---race gas at Old Colony (best exhaust smell ever); random routes, espresso at Diamond's; side-by-side, twin cylinder burnout at the Joint (what a beautiful sound), with me on the Monster and my friend on his Super Hawk 996 and laughingly happy motorcyclists every where we went. I went home feeling like a teenager, and am still on a happy buzz today. ;D [cheeky] [laugh]

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'll have what he's having! :eek:

Just kidding. I wish that I could have ridden too. Mines already put away. :( I can imagine that it would make one feel a little juvenile. Almost like you're sneaking something [laugh]

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hey Sarge,
I had some good rides the last few days too. Woe be to those with premature mothballation.

I'm not really sure what happened, but I somehow managed to only get the first word in of my ride report. Apparently I deleted the rest of it?
There is something funky with the forum software that cuts off everything after certain characters are used. Monsterhooligan has been testing it here http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=60726.175

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Desmo Elmer said:
Hey Sarge,
I had some good rides the last few days too. Woe be to those with premature mothballation.
Indeed. I'm glad that I've had my bike available this week--especially when it was ~70 degrees on Tuesday! [thumbsup]

But today's weather indicates that snow is inevitable. Unless the weather is ridiculously warm next week, my bike's going into hibernation on Monday or Tuesday. :-\

·
Registered
111 Posts
I looked at the weather report today at weather.com. It does not look like it will be getting above 45 deg anytime soon (atleast in the next 10 days).

With this sobering news in mind, I decided that it was time to throw the towel in for the season. I dropped my S2R off at Motoprimo tonight.

It sucks that I had to say goodbye to my mechanical shrink. This is going to be a long winter.

Maybe I will bring in Peter Egan's "Leanings" to read to her. I don't want her to get lonely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.