Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that yesterday (Sat., 5/1) somebody thought it would be funny to cut the wire on a CHP Officer's radar device, while he was away form his bike. The motor chippy no less! This was not cool at all. :mad: :mad: :mad: Now they have it in for all motorcycles. Now, why they think it was one of us, we do not know, nor are we asking, but they are really, really, mad. If you happen to "know or hear" of anyone bragging about this, please let them know it was very uncool and childish. Not cool at all.

Cops were out in force today on the hill, when they pulled over bikes you not only got a speeding ticket, but fix it tickets for every single not legal mod on your bike......AND.....they double fined you! Friend of mine received a ticket for 78 in a 55, exhaust, blinkers, race tires, and something else. Oh! And Officer Friendly told him he had given 20 tickets to motorcyle riders today. 20! :eek: That was just one chippy. Up until today, they were cool, no double fines, no mod tickets, etc. They will get over it soon, but if you ride the Crest after 7:00 AM, watch out.

Went to meet some friends after dawn patrol and rode back up the hill at 8:15 AM. First nine miles was excellent and then past Palmdale/AFH turn off, going down the straight at a slow pace, and here comes Officer Friendly on his bike. Phew, we were doing 45! So Officer Friendly whips his bike around and dogs us for about 5/6 miles. Oh isn't it grand to go 35-40 MPH up the Crest! Bunch of the dawn guys were coming down the hill giving us the thumbs up and we are trying to warn them without Office Friendly seeing us.......but alas he whips the bike around and starts dogging them......this is unusual behavior, so whoever stupidly cut the radar wire has created problems. It will all die down, but it makes for a pain in the a$$ right now. Oh and it's not just the front side they are patroling, but 9 Mile and AFH.

All the more reason to ride at dawn. Get my need for speed out and cruise it for the rest of the day. Need to seriously think about doing some track days! ;D ;D ;D

Linda

·
Registered
849 Posts
Damn shame. Thanks for the heads-up, I was going to do the Crest one of these days. Guess I'll wait for things to cool off a bit.

-R.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remember this is weekends only! We also ride after work on weekdays 5:30ish! It's great!

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's why I did the 33 again yesterday .No cops no stupid bikers no cars .Fantastic.
;D

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 33 is another one of my favorite roads.......one of the best!! Hmmmm, Crest to Cerro Noreste to 33....sounds like a "monster" ride to me! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Even better when you split it into two parts, with camping overnight at SongDog Ranch....ride, party, sleep, ride...doesn't get much better. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Open all the way and more... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts