Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Details on BCMs site. www.bcmducati.com
Will probably be one of our last chances this year if the weather holds that long. Would be great to see a good turnout.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Re: BCM/Mountain Dog Ride 10/22

I'll be there!

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Weatherman is saying Sunday is looking nice. Hope to see a bunch of you there.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

Wife's out of town. Single Dad this weekend. No chance of joining you guys.

Best of luck with weather, traffic, cops and Karma! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts

I'm still working it ducpainter. Going to try to pack everything my boss says we need to do into tomorrow. I'd really like to get out there with ya!

·
Premium Member
497 Posts

I am probably going to wimp out, I just got back from a ride and its just to dam cold.... :(

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

kah said:
I am probably going to wimp out, I just got back from a ride and its just to dam cold.... :(
As someone at work said to me (not specifically about motorcycling)...

"There's no such thing as bad weather; only bad gear."

Gear up dude! ;D

·
Premium Member
497 Posts

CRASH! said:
As someone at work said to me (not specifically about motorcycling)...

"There's no such thing as bad weather; only bad gear."

Gear up dude! ;D
True, but when you start looking like the Michelin man because you have so many layers on it is difficult to ride. [laugh]
I do need to look into getting a full suit though...

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

If it's not raining.....I'm riding. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, a strong turnout is an understatement. Considering the 30 ish degree temps from where most of the participants hail, I think 14 riders was amazing. The ranks did thin quickly though as many were under dressed for the weather.

My old girl was reluctant to start even after charging the battery o/nite. A quick jump from the car remedied that, but made me miss the coffee at the shop. We got a reasonably timely start, and headed north through Ashland and up to N.Woodstock. The first stop was spent warming hands, and passing out spare gloves. We then headed west on Lost River Road where the sun quickly disappeared in the clouds, and we were welcomed with the return of upper 30s and snow alongside the road. Then we turned north again after chasing down the back half of the group that had missed a turn.

A stop for lunch in Franconia was welcome relief from the cold, but as always made the cold feel stronger on our return to the bikes. We modified the route a little and picked it up again on the road over Mt Moosilauke. We then headed east towards Plymouth and gave the back side of Newfound Lake a whiff of Klotz. On to Bristol where we parted ways. About 160 miles on lightly traveled freshly salted roads. Remember to rinse off the bikes guys. ;D

I had a blast. Hope everyone else did too. See you all next riding season.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Roads were salted? Boo. (we have a thumbs-up smiley; why no thumbs-down?)

Last year we did the Halloween hookie ride on clean roads and it wasn't even terribly cold.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CRASH! said:
Roads were salted? Boo. (we have a thumbs-up smiley; why no thumbs-down?)

Last year we did the Halloween hookie ride on clean roads and it wasn't even terribly cold.
They had about 3-5 inches of snow up that way Friday night. It'll wash off. ;D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Courageous is a word that comes to mind. Passionate is another. [thumbsup] [clap] Way to go. Thanks Nate for sharing the account of a great day in the great white north. Who went?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Revv said:
Courageous is a word that comes to mind. Passionate is another. [thumbsup] [clap] Way to go. Thanks Nate for sharing the account of a great day in the great white north. Who went?
Now you're testing my memory. :p Let's see.... Miles, Rick, Perry, George, Rick, Andy... ah screw it. Let's face it. I'm terrible with names. [laugh] It was a great bunch. We all had fun, and can say we braved the great white north. I'm hoping to get out a couple more times before they sand the roads.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
If we ever have an afternoon above 50 and not raining again let me know, I wouldn't mind getting in a few short rides. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
ducpainter said:
Now you're testing my memory. :p Let's see.... Miles, Rick, Perry, George, Rick, Andy... ah screw it. Let's face it. I'm terrible with names. [laugh] It was a great bunch. We all had fun, and can say we braved the great white north. I'm hoping to get out a couple more times before they sand the roads.
And what was Miles ridin'? He didn't get his Monster dirty did he? ;D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wish I lived closer. I like the way you guys play/ride. Maybe next summer I can make it for a run or two. When and where do you do ice racing?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
CRASH! said:
And what was Miles ridin'? He didn't get his Monster dirty did he? ;D
Yes he did, although the roads were dry.
Revv said:
Wish I lived closer. I like the way you guys play/ride. Maybe next summer I can make it for a run or two. When and where do you do ice racing?
Rte 112. Last weekend. ;D

·
Registered
101 Posts
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [thumbsup]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts