Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostrobelle said:
Wow. This racing season has just kept getting.... (I can't say "better") ...more and more interesting. I'd like to see how Bayliss does if he's given the opportunity. [thumbsup]
Hell, they could replace Gibernau with Mark Foley and Tigre would be happy [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Tigre's on too many painkillers these days to really be taken seriously. I'm sure he likes Mark Foley for many reasons... [cheeky]

Does Sete even have a ride for next year? Heck, does Dani? Given the amount of negative press he's receiving right now, he seems like more of a liability than an asset, regardless of his skills....but I digress. As usual. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I do love my painkillers. Not taking them during the day (so I can drive and work) has made them that much more special when I do take 'em. 1 percocet plus a few drinks is a winning formula. I haven't even begun to really dip into the vicodin yet.

Me and MF go way back.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tigre said:
I do love my painkillers. Not taking them during the day (so I can drive and work) has made them that much more special when I do take 'em. 1 percocet plus a few drinks is a winning formula. I haven't even begun to really dip into the vicodin yet.

Me and MF go way back.
Your IM transcripts prove it...

Maf54: Hey, you still wearing that tiger suit?
Tigre69: Yeah, but only on special occasions
Maf54: I bet that thing makes you sweat :-*

OK, I'll stop here ;D

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
lifes_an_ocean said:
Wow! That would be a great way to end the racing season!!
Well, Nicky winning the title would be a GREAT way to end the racing season, but Bayliss riding for Sete would also be good. ;D

An unexplained and timely disappearance of Pedrosa along with a solid alibi for Hayden wouldn't be too bad either. I'm willing to be the alibi... ;)

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
Wow. This racing season has just kept getting.... (I can't say "better") ...more and more interesting. I'd like to see how Bayliss does if he's given the opportunity. [thumbsup]
you mean, like the opportunity he had on the d16 in 2003 and 2004? ;D

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
Wasn't watching GP until last summer. You'll have to fill a newb in...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Bayliss

MotoGP

Both Troy and Colin moved to MotoGP in 2003, and it was Bayliss who was initially more successful. In Ducati's first season in the class their bike was highly competitive, with Troy taking 3 third places and finishing 6th overall in the championship. He briefly led at Philip Island, Brno and Welkom, and only narrowly losing the rookie of the year race to Nicky Hayden. Team-mate Loris Capirossi took their first win at the Circuit de Catalunya.

2004 was a difficult year for the team however, with Troy only 14th in the standings. Despite (or perhaps due to) its prodigious straight-line speed the bike didn't handle well, with Troy often over-riding and crashing frequently, this led to Troy's subsequent sacking from the factory Ducati squad, a part of which Troy had been for five years previous. This move was considered an unpopular one by many, considering that neither Troy nor Loris were able to perform as well as they had the previous year.

According to some, confirmation that Troy's sacking was influenced by sponsorship pressure rather than any performance based reasons was seen in the appointment of Carlos Checa as Troy's replacement. However, Troy is much older than Loris, and had not been as close to him in 2004 as he had in 2003, so some questioned whether he had any more to offer the team.

However, good results near the end of the season earned him a ride with Sito Pons' Camel Honda team for 2005, but was not a frontrunner, despite promising speed shown in his first tests on the 2004 machine and Alex Barros winning in Portugal. A severely broken arm meant that Troy was unable to compete in the final 6 races, had he done so, the season ending Valencia GP would have been his 50th Grand Prix appearance. Troy did give an insight as to his inability to crack into the upper echelons of Grand Prix racing, describing the Honda Motogp bike and MotoGP bikes in general as too inflexible, rigid, and like a 250 for his style.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Tigre said:
You're gonna be disappointed, Percocet is the good stuff, the vicodin is nowhere near as strong. I'm pretty sure they're both opiates so be careful, they can get addicting real quick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.