Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
beause of crappy weather I couldn’t ride my new 821 for 2 days.....battery completely dead. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Totally agree with you. I don’t know about the 821, but the 796 is a pita to get to the battery. I always keep mine on a tinder 365. Pop start it and check if it’s charging.

·
Registered
105 Posts
sounds like a bad charging circuit or an old battery. It may be new, but who knows what kind of battery is in it. worth a check for sure. also, rain is very fun to bike in IMO. I ride my 696 year round any weather. The secret is AGGRESSIVE leaning in slick conditions. Lean your body out like a MotoGP racer even in slow corners to keep your bike upright and retain maximum traction. Good tires help too. In slow speeds, drag your feet on the ground for more points of contact and it will be really easy to regain control over a fishtail.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Check to see you didn't just turn the key to far when you shut it off...you can lock the steering and keep the parking lights on...why on earth you would want that option is beyond me...but I've caught myself with a dead battery once myself from that....once

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think the parking light is Ducati's solution to hazard lights if you need to pull over on the freeway at night perhaps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys just went out to get on my 2013 1100 evo and it fires right up but wont idle. I fire it up at least three more times before it flashes the 0008rsw code resets then fires up and idles fine. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Please send help. I havent done anything to the bike at all. It is bone stock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check to see you didn't just turn the key to far when you shut it off...you can lock the steering and keep the parking lights on...why on earth you would want that option is beyond me...but I've caught myself with a dead battery once myself from that....once
I also did that......once.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts