Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to all of this and need to get my bike into storage and was wondering if there was a specific type...1.25 amps, .75 amps? Any help??

I know there was something about getting a battery tender in the FAQs section re: Winter Storage...if anyone can provide further insight into the process, it would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Most of the people I know use a "Battery Tender Plus" as made by Deltran (Model 12V1.25A, p/n 021-0128-1).

They are 'smart' chargers and charge at 1.25 amps then switch over to trickle charging once the battery is charged. The trickle charge is very low current so it won't cook the battery.

I have two of those and also a "Battery Tender Jr." (Model 12V0.75A, p/n 021-0123). It only charges at .75 amps, but it's very small (like a 12v external power supply), so it's nice to take on a road trip or something like that.

You can also get a little rat-tail that you leave permanently attached to your battery that makes it easy to attache the charger without taking your seat off and lifting the tank.

http://batterytender.com

HTH,
--Fillmore

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting stuff!! Thanks a bunch...I'm looking into both the Deltran and the Accumate...Not sure which one is better and wat not...it seems as though they all do the same

1 - 4 of 4 Posts