Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- couldn't find an answer in archives-
Should I disconnect my battery on my S2R1K before plugging in the Battery Tender Plus? I know unplugging the batt will reset the computer, clock etc. but mainly is a PITA. Sure be nice to mount a pig-tail out the side.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
124 Posts
When I hooked up the tender, I disconnected the battery, hooked up the pigtail to the battery, hooked the battery back up, and routed the wiring down along the frame. Then, just plugged the pigtail into the tender.

I only disconnected the battery the 1st time for the installation of the pigtail.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oopse- I mean- will it hurt the bike to charge the batt. w/ the bike terminals still connected?

·
Registered
124 Posts
J.P. said:
oopse- I mean- will it hurt the bike to charge the batt. w/ the bike terminals still connected?
nope. The tender is designed to be used when everything is connected up or with the battery disconnected (should you have to remove the battery to another location to charge).

Most people I know charge the battery with it still in the bike and hooked up.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
I plug mine (BT) in after every ride...it's a trickle-charger so doesn't 'overwhelm' the bikes electrical system

·
Registered
103 Posts
I actually installed a small tender in my room mate's GSX-R. It under the seat hard mounted and hard wired in. Open the storage compartment under the seat, pull out the cord and plug 'er in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts