1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S

·
0 Posts
I saw that too, and I was trying to figure out why to relocate the battery on the monster, what is the advantage??

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Splinter... When you remove your airbox to mount the pod filters you lose your battery tray and the mounts for your coils and such. So the best option is to fabricate a new battery tray. I think the main advantage is getting to customize the area under your tank and make it nice and clean.

S

·
0 Posts
Hey thanks, I just recieved my 900 the other day and the past owner removed the airbox, so all the elecrical components were just loose by the battery, what a mess. I zip tied some stuff down until I could do a bit more investigation, but you just saved me some time. Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, getting the battery away from the head, might solve some of the spillage problem when they overheat and boil over.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Also, getting the battery away from the head, might solve some of the spillage problem when they overheat and boil over.
Actually one of the pods goes where the airbox used to be, the battery pretty much stays in the same place give or take, but you can design your new tray so it contains those spills.

X

·
0 Posts
Looking for info on the pod mod and battery relocation on my 02 FI 750S.... thinking pods a good alternative till the battery box issue... hhhmmm...would like to avoid any spillage issues is possible too?

·
Registered
584 Posts
No, as I initially posted, my battery mounts standing up and it EXPLODED, cracking the entire battery cases and ruining my frame, engine covers and everything else, including the nice pair of Levi's I was wearing at the time (grin).
Dion

PS: Not trying to be alarmist, just showing that a problem exists outside of S4s.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Understood ;)
dion

N

·
0 Posts
This may sound ignorant...wouldn't installation of a suspended electrolyte (similar to sealed) battery solve all the battery problems that some Monster's have been having??

Or do the Monsters already come with suspended electrolyte batteries?

Wes

·
Registered
206 Posts
i understand this thread has turned into a battery explosion thread, but i emailed the guy who's auction is being discussed...

it's a one-off. i was depressed. i guess i have another winter project - love that www.ducatisuite.com! :p

cheers!
steve

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
This may sound ignorant...wouldn't installation of a suspended electrolyte (similar to sealed) battery solve all the battery problems that some Monster's have been having??

Or do the Monsters already come with suspended electrolyte batteries?

Wes
The leaky GS batteries are so called AGM, Absorbed Glass Mat batteries. Shouldn't leak, but they do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts