Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my battery crapped out on me and I've been doing some research, here and otherwise.

I've heard that the Yuasa YT12B-BS is proper battery to replace the stocker Fiamm. Is this the correct battery (the one that doesn't leak)? I found one for $93.00, but no details on if it comes fully prepped.

Since i haven't had to replace the battery in my S4 before, what does it cost and where can i fill it up with acid? Will a local autoparts store fill the battery? Or do I have to go to a dealer? ???

Thanks again fellas!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i picked up that same battery make/model at my duc dealer for about $90ish. came charged up and ready to go.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Check with your local dealer. My battery was replaced at no charge. I had the GS and I knew about the leakage problem. So, I called a local dealer and asked. They didn't know anything about the leakage problems but called their DNA rep and he authorized replacement.
P.S. When you buy a wet battery it comes with a special bottle of acid that you use to fill it with and then charge it. A place like Batteries Plus will do it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts