Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So for those who have tackled the battery in a Monster 1200 it is a PIA with the general nut/bolt combo they have that comes with every battery sold and shown in pic 2 below.

Im looking for the name of item in Pic 1 and where to get it from? As this would save 30min of just trying to locate nut moving and the wires connected moving also as you magically hold it all together wit the std 10mm bolt that comes with the bike.

Link where bolt shown/install 1200 new battery

Pic 2 and standard bolt given for + and - terminals

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this standard for bikes in US? As it’s 1st time I ever seen it. Being in Australia never seen it before

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well. I have a new one sitting right here. I Think it will go on my battery. But If you bought the Shorai Li battery it may not fit the nut that gets used with that battery. The bolts were not the same between the Li battery I removed and the Yuasa I installed. I was also missing the battery box. So I ordered another set of bolts from Yuasa (Still not here) so that I can test if that longer bolt (I dont think the threads are longer... It's just the top so you can jump it) will screw into the nut that Yuasa uses...

Rex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts