Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the windshield from barracuda today. It was an easy installation and took about 30 mins. I could never find photos of the windshield installed, so I thought I'd post it for others. I honestly don't really like how it looks; a windshield on the monster never really looked right to me, but it really helps out with wind while on the highway. It keeps the wind off your chest well, but you can still feel it on your helmet. Overall, I think it's a fair tradeoff. Sorry about the pic quality; it was taken from my phone.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nothing looks right on the 696 with the dinner plate headlight.... Here is the barracuda windscreen on my 696 with different headlight... Looks much much better IMO.. This was taken last summer... Bike looks very different now

It doesn't look perfect but it's an improvement... The best windscreen is made by riding house in japan... But its like 300+ dollars I believe..

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
It flows good with the lines on the stock headlight. I don't think it looks that bad, would be nice to have for touring and highways. I wouldn't mind having one for long trips, thanks for the pics.

Few other things I noticed, that is the thickest rim tape I think I've ever seen. Maybe it's just the pic or the angle but dang that's thick. Also that rear seat bag looks pretty nice. I want the one that Ducati makes that goes screws into the seat cowl holes, but $250 come on Ducati that's ridiculous. Who makes that one? and does it just have straps that run under the bike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the Barracuda windscreen on my (Dark) M1100. It does a much better job than the stock bikini fairing at reducing the wind.

However, IMO the tinted windscreens definitely look better on the Dark bikes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just received the Barracuda windshield for the 696 but the instructions are in Italian. Could you please let me know how to install this item.

Thanks,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just received the Barracuda windshield for the 696 but the instructions are in Italian. Could you please let me know how to install this item.

Thanks,
You have to remove the allen hex bolts on the triple tree clamp. Use the ones provided with the spacer to install the metal plates. The windshield will install on the metal plates. Make sure to use the rubber grommets between the metal plates and the windshield. It's pretty self-explanatory. I used an italian to english translator to figure out which grommets to use where.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi IntegraRC, nice ride. I've been looking for more wind protection too so thanks for the pictures.

Also noticed that you have DP steering damper how do you like it?

Thanks,

Apologize for the OT question.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got the Barracuda mirrors and windshield installed. Makes a noticeable difference with wind being deflected at the upper portion of my helmet. Wind noise inside my helmet0 is also less than with the stock bikini fairing. The mirrors are vibe free and provide a good view of the rear. The evotech fender eliminator is of a much better quality than the competition werks that I had before; this mod looks stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi IntegraRC, nice ride. I've been looking for more wind protection too so thanks for the pictures.

Also noticed that you have DP steering damper how do you like it?

Thanks,

Apologize for the OT question.
I honestly didn't notice a big difference with the steering damper, but I mostly ride around town. I'm sure there's a bigger difference when you're at highway speeds. Be warned if you have the ducati alarm kit; the key fob tends to get crunched by the steering damper! I ended up using velcro to keep the keyfob from flopping around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is there enough room with this windshield to mount a radar detector?
I think that it would be a tight fit for a radar detector. Also, the windshield is at a 75 degree angle and may not work adequately with the suction cups of the detector. It really depends which brand and what size the device is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the Barracuda mirrors and windshield installed. Makes a noticeable difference with wind being deflected at the upper portion of my helmet. Wind noise inside my helmet0 is also less than with the stock bikini fairing. The mirrors are vibe free and provide a good view of the rear. The evotech fender eliminator is of a much better quality than the competition werks that I had before; this mod looks stock.
Did you order your mirrors from the barracudamoto.it website?

Did any of you happen to look at that Dinamik headlight, that thing looks mean! Thinking about adding that on but not quite sure what size to get. I've got a '09 696. I think the fork is 43mm so the 43-47 should work?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I want the one that Ducati makes that goes screws into the seat cowl holes, but $250 come on Ducati that's ridiculous.
Got a backseat bagkit (DP) for the monster 1100 for sale..bought it as i thought it was usefull but never used it...if you interested PM me. price 200 US shipped..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought one of these windscreens and installed it. Just heads up, it doesn't fit very well if you have handle bar risers. The bracket for the shield will hit the bolts for the hydraulic fluid canisters if your bars sit higher than stock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts