Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I looked through the archives, but couldn't really find the info I need, so here goes:

I am looking into getting barend mirrors, and understand that some of you use bicycle mirrors. What brands are you using, and do you need to do anything to make them fit (are the mechanisms which hold the mirror in the bar adequate, or do you require an adapter of sorts)? Does anybody have a website with prices and varieties of Napoleon mirrors? Do they come round, like the Lockhart-Phillips ones? Do these mirrors look like they would work/are they strong enough/would they vibrate?:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Pro...&storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&langId=-1

I took that link from the REI mirror list:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Cat...000&langId=-1&storeId=8000&categoryId=4500871

Anybody know where I can get the bicycle mirrors everyone else is using, or should I go with Napoleons? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with the 3rd eye mirriors as the cat-eye's just looked to flimsy. Had them for 1500 miles with no problems. I took others suggestions to buy these first to see if I like the bar ends, then buy more expensive (CRG) later. I bought one and rode for a week with it (much better than stock and no vibration). Installation took five minutes. Pop the end cap, stick the mirror in and twist. Done!

Can't remember but I think either Daffe or Strati have pics of different mirror types installed with how to's.

G

·
I picked out the third-eye and the zefal from my local REI. The zefal wouldn't work in my bars,bars to small, so I returned them. I had to pull out my bar weights to put in the third-eye mirrors. I did have to shave down the rubber plugs to get them to fit in my bike. The cat eyes looked to flimsy, nothing to tighten them down to prevent the mirror from moving. I think the third-eyes are the cats ass! Plus the huge savings lets you use you money in other places. My opinion, go for it.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
i've used the 3rd eye and crgs. currently have the crg's on my monster and a 3rd eye on the 749.

yes, the crg's are better, but i don't know if they're $100 better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the input! I guess I'm going to go with the 3rd eye mirrors for a bit, then upgrade to CRG's if I feel it's necessary. Thanks again! ;D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet! Thanks 620! ;D I may actually just go to the REI near me and get them for $26 for the pair to save on shipping, but if they don't have them, lickbike looks good to me. Thanks again ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts