Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a set of bar end mirrors for my 01 cromo and took the little bar ends off to install them. Problem is, on one end I can't get the bar end back on as the nut is loose inside the bar and I can'r get the hex screw back into it. I know this sounds like a really minor issue, but it's makin' me crazy.
Does anyone have a suggestion for me?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andrew: Can't get the nut out, it's behind a little collar thingy inside the end of the bar. It supposed to fit in that collar, but has come loose. If I could figure out a way to get the collar out, I'd be ok, but it's in tight.
Sorry for my lack of techincal terminology, I'm not much of a wrench, althought I'm learning.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do your mirrors look like this?

If so, use a screw driver and a pair of needle nose pliers and pull out the rubber piece pictured with the bolt. I am assuming this is the piece you are speaking of in the way of the bolt.

Once you have that out, use a telescopic magnet and pull the bolt out. If if gets to far in there you will have to take the bars off to get it out. If this happens just take the other bolt to HomeDepot and get a new one.

Next time you take your mirrors off, only loosen the bolt til it will pull out just a little bit, the just grab the mirror and pull. This way all pieces will come out. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andrew, thanks for your help and posting the pics. I was finally able to get the collar out which had come off the nut and was stuck inside the bar.
Actually, my mirrors clip on around the bar as opposed to in the end.
Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts