Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I know you have all heard this before but I really haven't used this forum allot. I did a search on bar end mirrors and found lots of things but the question I have is. How easy is it to get the barends off the monster 695? Is it just a cap covering the ends or does the entire end just twist off? I have got some mirrors comming and just wanted to know what I'm in for. ::) Any info would help. And don't flame me cause I'm blond. lol Thanks Guys and Gals lam695

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Honestly, I was afraid to ask this too and didnt feel like taking the time to figure it out. I just got replacement mirrors for the stock location. Good luck on finding the right answer and show pics when youre done.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
It is very easy. It takes an allen wrench on the end to take the bar ends out. I used CRG lane splitters that require an adapter that goes into the hole that you rake your bar ends out of. All an easy process. No pictures needed. Although, when you take your other mirrors off, remember, one of them is reverse threaded.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What mirrors did you get? I see allot of diffrent ones out there, just cant find ones that suit me. Have any close up pics of yours? Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ryandalling, Is it just a plastic cap covering the end? Sorry New bike, new quests. Thanks

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I got the Rizoma Class mirrors. You can see my thread on it here:

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=55852.0

It was a tough decision as I went through a lot in my mind. I feel these compliment the bike really nicely and they are actually functional too.

If you need some inspiration, check out PJsparts.com. You can see a plethora of choices albeit they are on the higher priced spectrum. Everyone has their own opinions of mirrors though so take a gander through the Accessories and Mods board.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks HyperM3, I do like the looks of those. When mine come in and if they just dont work for me, I'll look into that site. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also give a look at the Rhinomoto bar ends with the mirror slot. I picked up a set at LDD plus a set of mirrors from DML booth. Work well and clean-up of the look of the bike.

The bar ends are easy to remove. All that is needed is a 5mm allen wrench. It really does take just a few minutes to install the bar ends and mirrors. You will be out road testing in about 30 minutes. A proper road test will require about 2 hours. Plan accordingly.

www.rhinomoto.com is the Web Site.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Has anyone tried both the Rizoma Class & the CRG Hindsight LS?

I think they both look great, but would like to go with the ones that provide the best rearview viz, least distraction from focus while riding, and overall build quality.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
lam695, your barends do NOT attach with an allen bolt, they are just press fit in the end, take a set of pliers and just twist em out

·
Registered
79 Posts
I did something that works and looks great, for a fraction of the price of normal bar ends. I got bicycle rearview mirrors for a mountain bike. They are smooth and ovel shaped, with glass mirror, instead of plastic. They work fantastic, and bolt easily to the bar end with a quick modification. Total cost was $40. I will try to post pics later, because they really do look A+. They look as good or better than most motorcycle bar end mirrors out there, and for the set I paid retail $40 total.

·
Registered
979 Posts
+1 on the bicycle mirrors. I did the same thing (Mine were about $30). They are smaller so you can't see as far behind you and they take a little while to get used to the new location, but mine don't vibrate much. Just as easy to use as the stockers once you get used to the new location. They make the bike look way better.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
lam695 said:
Hey all, I know you have all heard this before but I really haven't used this forum allot. I did a search on bar end mirrors and found lots of things but the question I have is. How easy is it to get the barends off the monster 695? Is it just a cap covering the ends or does the entire end just twist off? I have got some mirrors comming and just wanted to know what I'm in for. ::) Any info would help. And don't flame me cause I'm blond. lol Thanks Guys and Gals lam695
If you have access to useable machines you could make them by yourself.
I bought a couple of wide screen mirrors from a local car parts dealer for the price of 54 Swedish crowns wich is just over US$ 7!

Two pieces of aluminum as back side of the mirrors and some other pieces from the scrap bin at work gave me the holders.
The back sides are covered with sheets of true carbon fiber from a local manufacturer of such parts (freebee).

I needed to drill a hole an thread it in the bar end weights but that was no big sacrifice...
The sum of it all was US$ 14 and some hours of work.

I have parts for making some new if soemone is interested in one or two of them.
You need to drill and thread the holes in your barends by yourself.

Let me know what you are interested in and how you would value them.
The mirrors are crystal clear at every speed thanks to the short holder I think.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the CRG Lane splitters.
Removing the stock end caps was easy-ish.
the right side popped of with a twist of my fingers. the left was a wresting match witha set of pliers.

I also used Cycle cat bar ends that are made to be used with the CRG mirrors. The screw in with an allen key. and that was easy as pie.

if you are a myspace-er, just click on my MS address in my signature for some really crappy pictures :)

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
(had) cheapie imitation crg's from cycle gear on (they did not fold back like crg's do, and my left mirror popped out of it's housing at 75mph last week :mad:)

Just ordered napoleons from Motostrano (great price [thumbsup])

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for the info, The mirrors came today and my husband got them on thanks to all the help I got here. He said it was not that hard. Now I just have to get it out on the street to adjust them to where I need them. We will see how I like them. And again thanks for all the replies. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I forgot to ask, What did you do with the holes left by the orig. mirrors? I know theres diffrent things you can do but did you buy something to stick in them or did you use what you had at home? I don't want it to get rusted or anything. Thanks

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
you can turn them upside down. the holes will still be there on the bottom, but you can't see them, and more importantly, they won't fill up with rain/dust/etc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts