Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right term, but I need to loosen the bolts so I can turn my cables slightly downward on my handlebars. I installed the genmar risers and it's pretty tight. I've never loosened one of these before and I'm concerned that when I do fluid will come out and air will go in. anyone, anyone, bueller.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
If you are quick and loosen just enough all will be well, if not you will get practice bleeding. Do protect the paint work just in case.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
saylor01 said:
I hope this is the right term, but I need to loosen the bolts so I can turn my cables slightly downward on my handlebars. I installed the genmar risers and it's pretty tight. I've never loosened one of these before and I'm concerned that when I do fluid will come out and air will go in. anyone, anyone, bueller.

Not a big deal to loosen them a little(like howie said), but I'll give you one tip. Make sure the 2 bolts that holds the master cylinders to the bars are tight. If not, the banjo bolts can be tough to get loose. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
just replace them, and bleed. not sure retightening is a good idea.
Disagree. Done like Norm dozens of time w/o problems.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Bug said:
just replace them, and bleed. not sure re-tightening is a good idea.
Though replacing is the proper thing to do you would then definitely have to bleed not to mention finding proper crush washers. A quick loosen/tighten is commonplace and usually problem free

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
howie said:
Though replacing is the proper thing to do you would then definitely have to bleed not to mention finding proper crush washers.
NAPA carries all different sizes of these washers.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
I've had no problem loosening and tightening mine several times. You can't do everything by the book, you'd go crazy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll give it a run tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
616 Posts
As long as u dont get air in the system u shud be fine, even if it drips a little.the only way air would get in is if you squeeze the brake lever, pushing the fluid out, and then release it , which would suck air in from that banjo bolt. Just as long as you loosen it a little. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts