Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 weeks of enjoying my S4 I went down today. Circumstances: Driving at 40 mph in very, very dense fog I came into a roundabout which I didn't see until I was in it. Locked up the brakes , went down and slid a few feet. Damage to the bike busted fairing, scraped the bar ends, front brake lever, exhaust , carbon fiber exhaust guards, bent the rear brake peg, and small dent in the tank :mad:. Although that really sucks, I'm grateful I found this forum which enlightened me about the importance of protective riding gear. Except for some bruising on my hip and shin I'm OK. My jacket w/body armor saved my back and shoulder. My helmet didn't touch the ground, but I'm still glad I had it on. Knuckles protected by carbon fiber. If I could have found boots my size in Kuwait My shin bruise would have probably been avoided. IF there are any other newbies around who haven't invested some money in good riding gear I'd put that at the top of my list before doing any mods. I'll get off my soapbox now. Before I go I'll vouch for Dianese gear thats what I was wearing. A little pricey but well worth it!

·
Registered
472 Posts
glad to hear that you were well protected.

best of luck on finding parts NQ8

**modified for spelling**

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good that you were able to walk away...always good to be able to walk away....

get the parts ya need and climb back on....

as far as the tank ding and scrapes...hell, they're the character marks of a veteran warrior...

shows ya didn't wimp-out after a toss down....ride'em proud

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gl;ad you are ok......

well, I have some rear sets stock tha I have for sale if you are interested

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Glad you came out ok!!

I know how you feel... i've been down myself the first month of ownership

·
Registered
259 Posts
NQ8 - just curious..did you lock up the front, rear or both? Were you to fast to try the roundabout?

Every crash is a learning experience so the more details the better for the rest of us.

Glad you came out OK.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When the fog cleared I realized I was in the roundabout.I couldn't go anywhere but straight. i was doing about 40mph. It seemed slow enough at the time but I guess I could've gone a little slower. At that point I put the clutch in and hit the rear. Then I put both my feet down like out riggers, bu that didn't work.I really can't remember if I hit the front brake or not. Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts