Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend, the Main fuel line was too close to exhaust and burnt a hole threw it, sending gas everywhere. Luckily, it didn't ignite and I fixed it for $15.

Yesterday, went on a ride down in Blackwater. On the way back I must have went too fast. I got home, put it in the garage and went inside. Today I went out into my garage, and the rear seat cowl was gone!!!! Damn screws must have backed out and it had to have flown off on the way home. :( This is gonna be at least $200+ to replace.

Ugh.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Last weekend, the Main fuel line was too close to exhaust and burnt a hole threw it, sending gas everywhere. Luckily, it didn't ignite and I fixed it for $15.

Yesterday, went on a ride down in Blackwater. On the way back I must have went too fast. I got home, put it in the garage and went inside. Today I went out into my garage, and the rear seat cowl was gone!!!! Damn screws must have backed out and it had to have flown off on the way home. :( This is gonna be at least $200+ to replace.

Ugh.
Really? You dismounted your bike and didn't notice the cowl missing? You jsut found it missing the next day? Sure someone didn't rip you off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm sure, I hopped right off and went inside, I was 2 hrs late to a b-day party. I have my own detached 2 car garage and it was locked up tight. And I have better things for someone to steal in the garage than a seat cover.

I'm gonna go part of the route I was on that night when I leave work, just on the off off off chance it flew off within 20 miles of my house. I once saw a glass t-top fly off my buddies car it and it landed safely on the shoulder. (crossing fingers)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts