Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years of calling my buddies with electric gear old farts, I decided it was time to join the club.
On 12/12 I ordered gloves and socks from Gerbing's. I immediately received an email confirmation stating my credit card would not be charged until the items shipped.
Three days passed and I received no further info so I sent an email knowing it was after hours PST. The next day I called and left a message with a contact number to no avail.
After sending 4 emails and leaving 3 phone messages, I received an email replying to my first on the Thursday before Christmas (a week and a half after placing the order). The email stated that the socks I ordered were back ordered and would be shipped when they come in. It made no mention of the gloves I ordered.
I was irate at this point. I replied cancelling the sock order and told them if the gloves had not been shipped not to ship them and just cancel my entire order.
My final line was "I have no desire to do business with a company that has a nonexistent customer service department and cannot provide basic information to its customers."
If I do receive the gloves I am tempted to send them right back and place an order with someone else just on priciple.
I may be over reacting but I realy don't think so.
GT

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I have no experience with Gerbings, but some companies still don't have an "internet" dept. They may only check their email once a week if your lucky. Don't know about the phone calls, though.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
It's hard to get gloves and cables and stuff through the tubes.

I've had issues with them before but nothing that drastic. I also sent them an email about it, they responded to it eventually and, while slow, have been pretty good about the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EvilSteve said:
It's hard to get gloves and cables and stuff through the tubes.

I've had issues with them before but nothing that drastic. I also sent them an email about it, they responded to it eventually and, while slow, have been pretty good about the whole thing.
The guys I ride with have had there stuff for a while and they did not have a problem. Gerbing's has either gotten worse, I maybe an isolated incident, or they possible just don't care. The bottom line for me is today is 14 days since the order was placed and I have no gloves and no info. ??? :mad:
GT

·
Registered
478 Posts
I recently picked up a Gerbing electric vest. Can't believe I rode without one during the chilly months! In fact, I DIDN'T ride at times...which is even worse!

Not an excuse for bad customer service. But I'm confident you will llike their products.

Kent

·
Registered
33 Posts
uhh ohhh.. order placed DEC8.. havent gotten ****.. but they did charge me.. they called me once or twice to talk shop early on. I've sent my second information request just today so we'll see..

-Leon

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
It just sounds like they were backlogged a bit. I wonder if GTJerry ever got his stuff...

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Michael Moore said:
It just sounds like they were backlogged a bit. I wonder if GTJerry ever got his stuff...
I ended up cancelling the order. It took 2 weeks worth of emailing and an email to the CEO himself to get a response. They would not give an explanation as to why it was so difficult to get through to them. All they could tell me was that the socks were backordered.
I ordered similar gloves and socks from Cozywinters.com. They use the same connections as Gerbing's and the products look very similar. Excellent customer service and communication, quality products, and about $20 cheaper. I am very satisfied.
GT

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
leon said:
uhh ohhh.. order placed DEC8.. havent gotten nuts.. but they did charge me.. they called me once or twice to talk shop early on. I've sent my second information request just today so we'll see..

-Leon
I wish you luck. There is a link on the website to send feedback to the CEO. He never responded but thats when I started hearing from them.
Cozywinters.com is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I've got nothing but good things to say about them. I ordered a set of the liners for my wife, then she decided maybe she wanted the jacket and pants instead. They took back the liners, custom made the pants and jacket. All was done in a timely manner Rma's were issued without incident. They were friendly and helpfull on the phone. (yes we called instead of emailing)

I'm going to do business with them again. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tornado-rider said:
I've got nothing but good things to say about them. I ordered a set of the liners for my wife, then she decided maybe she wanted the jacket and pants instead. They took back the liners, custom made the pants and jacket. All was done in a timely manner Rma's were issued without incident. They were friendly and helpfull on the phone. (yes we called instead of emailing)

I'm going to do business with them again. [thumbsup]
I was never able to get in touch with a human being that's why I resorted to the emails.
I posted this issue on several forums and the responses were varied. The general concensus was that people put up with how slow they were because of how good the product is. I would have done the same if they had just provided with me the information I was requesting.
I am glad you had no issues. Its actually comforting to know they get it right sometimes.
GT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts