Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, need your help. 2008 S2R1000, have Termi slip-ons and tonight I yanked off the cat. converter and installed the Marving header. Man, what a difference it makes in power and sound but now it backfires on on decel (not every time but enough for me). Can I just adjust the curves and re-map the ecu or what? I'm about 4 hours from the nearest Ducati dealer, so I can't just rush it right in. Do I need to look for an air leak somewhere or do I have to just re-map it? I don't want to hurt it, what do I do?!

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
If you had just done the slip-ons you wouldn't have had an issue. Now that you have also removed the cat you are not getting enough back pressure for the OEM ECU. You will have to get a DP ECU, or remap your current ECU, or get a PCIII or one of the other aftermarket gadgets to adjust air/fuel/etc.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Yup, getting a little too lean.
is your airbox still stock?
(wouldnt hurt to look for an exhaust leak too)

you may want to try a FatDuc O2 manipulator, its only $80 and richens up the low end fuel mix.
i dont think there is a power commander for your bike (unless the PC 4 is shipping now)
the other option is to send off your ecu to be re-mapped.

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found leaks at both ends! Took whole thing off and found out I had cut that metal/fiber header gasket. Had to make my own and RTV'ed them together and make a BIG difference, but I know I'm gonna have to get the ecu remapped. The front header port is really sooty like it was rich, is that from the cat. converter chockin' back the motor? Both exhaust tubes are like that, probably wont be for long though.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
You will probably have to have the TPS reset, balance the throttle bodies, and set the CO levels. Ran into the same issue when I added the TPO beast intake to my S2R1000 with full Arrows and a reflashed ECU. Had the dealer do it. No more popping on decel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts