Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who has one? Which is the best one? Where did you get it? Gracias ;D

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
AllyCat- MEOW!

I gots a G2 from Dainese. It's awesome. Can't tell it's even there. Fits right into a pocket in my Dainese jacket.

scooby ;D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SCOOBY DOO! Where are you? LOL

So......... What was the cost? I have to buy a leather suit too. Have to have them for trackdays :)

·
Banned
551 Posts
Got me the vanson (4 or 5 plate - I don't remember which) that zips into the back of the jacket. Got it from New Enough for probably $60.

I have to say, it is very comforting to have it in. I just felt so exposed when I didn't have it.

Recommend back protectors period. If I go with a jacket that can't accept them - the dianese ones seem to go down well with the kids.

G

·
I have the Vanson in my Vanson and Dainese HPC in my Dainese. The Dainese is precurved in and does not bend/flex enough outward to be comfortable......others have worn it though and find it very comfortable......The Vanson is comfortable but wish it was longer to go down the spine more.
Knowing what I know now I would opt for the kind Moto posted.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
been wearing a dainese wave back protector. it gives more coverage than the in-jacket types and isn't uncomfortable to wear.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys rock!
I like all of them. Has anyone heard of Teknics?

G

·
yep very similiar to the one moto posted.....

i just thought a bracelet using some kind of electronic smilies
to simulate the ones you used and colors would be cool.......

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah! I am a cool chick

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the Dainese back space protector - no complaints, tho I haven't crash-tested it yet (KNOCK ON WOOD!) ;D

As for suits, I recommend motorace.com, which is where I got my suit. Because they are phasing out carrying Dainese suits, they're prices on Dainese suits are great (to clear 'em out, I guess), but the downside is that they don't have every size. Worth a try, tho!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx! I will check that out. It seems Dainese is the brand of choice. I would like to hear if anyone has Alpinestars and their thoughts.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
One more vote for Dainese - I have the BAP-2:

Pluses - doesn't add a lot of bulk to a jacket, coverage from neck to butt

Minuses - length may be an issue with shorter jackets, if you zip jacket to pants it'll have to fit inside the pants, and lastly, people ask you if you are a ninja turtle or something.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Michael~

You wear that? I am bringing you a head of lettuce next time I see you ;)

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Yeah, I've been wearing it lately. Geekaziod, I know. The only problem is if I wear it commuting to work, whatever shirt I have on underneath gets so wrinkled it looks like I slept in it. :-[

·
Registered
849 Posts
I remember about 15 years ago my uncle was racing motorcycles in Holland. He was the only one to wear a back protector. Now they're commonplace and people wear them on their commutes. Cool.

Anyway, I like the Helimot TLV, to be seen at helimot.com Pricey but flat, comfortable, large (huge, actually) and very protective. I've had hard-shell protectors like the Alpinestars or Uvex (a German brand) before, and they really eat up your leathers should you find yourself in a decent slide on your back.

-R.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay, I just finished looking at all the first group of protectors.
Now I will check out the new ones that have been posted. Gracias ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts