Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that most tracks require back protectors. Will any back protector fulfill this requirement or does it have to be the long back protector that covers the entire spine? I am curious if Dainese G1 and G2 are good enough for track riding.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
it really varies from track to track. some require 1 piece, some 2 piece with full circumference zippers, some just plain ol' 2 piece, some specific armor requirements.... check with wherever you plan to ride.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping people would share the rules of their track/clubs where they ride...

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Some local providers:

ZoomZoom trackdays: required back protector, no length requirement
[email protected]: back protector recommended
Pacific Track Time: back protector recommended
Pridmore's Class: no back protector required

AFM Racing: Rule 7.2.3 Back protectors consisting of an impact resistant material and
padding extending from the shoulder area to below the waist are mandatory for all riders.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I've ridden Team Pro-Motion, Sport Bike track time, and Ducati Owners Club of Canada and all require back protectors (and check b/f each session).

I read somewhere about levels of back protectors (not sure if this is the G1 / G2 or if it is Stage 1/2 or level 1/2.) But the L2 / Stage 2 / G2 reduce twice as much impact absorbed vs. the lower level. Seems like its worth the investment of an upgrade. Would want to get caught out chincing on spinal protection.

If anyone could add more on the levels it would be appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.