Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Azusa/Glendora Ride 8-30-03

907 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  supafly 
#1 ·
Sorry, no pictures, I suffered brain vapor lock and left the digicam at home.

We all had an excellent ride! Myself, 108, Kev and Supafly met at about 9:00 am, and proceeded to have some fun.....

We went up North San Gabriel Canyon Road, across East Fork Road to Glendora Mountain Road then up Glendora Ridge Road to Mt. Baldy Village, and back down Glendora Ridge Road to Glendora Mountain Road.

Other than a couple painfully slow cage parades on S.G. Canyon Road, and a train of comatose cruiser riders on the Ridge Road, our travels were unimpeded. A couple stops for food and refreshments at a diner on GMR (?) and at Mt. Baldy Village kept us all in good shape for the ride.

That whole loop is an awesome run, it will be even nicer later in the year when it's cooler. Maybe it'll be green in the spring, eliminate that barbecue ambiance up near the top.

Hope y'all had as much fun as I did.

To those of you that missed it, try to make it next time, it's really good twisty.

See less See more
#2 ·
If I would have known 108 was opening up his liquor cabinet after the ride, I would have stuck around for the whole ride. That was a great time guys, except for the holiday traffic. I'm always up for weekend rides and vote to put ACH on our short list.

#3 ·
LOL...I think I popped my shoulder out when I fell out of my chair! ;D

108, you've got untapped potential in creative writing. Good stuff.
I had something in mind along the lines of "checking the off-road capability of his S4R, and finding it made a passable dual-sport machine...", but indeed, politeness overrode disclosure.
It was the right thing to do, since I drank all of your beer. ;)

Maybe ACH next weekend? Interest seems high all across the club.

G
#4 ·
That is a very nice ride. Glendora Ridge Road is very nice, with no double yellow to cross it's nice to work on cutting the perfect apex. Plus little to no traffic takes some of the OH SH!!!T factor away when I over cook the corner and end up in the other lane. ;D

Glendora Mt. Road is a blast. If I lived close I would do it everyday, those double apex downhill corners rival Latigo Cyn. for a rear brake, trail braking workout.

Nick, I figured out when I got home what I was dragging on the gound, besides my toes everywhere. There is a big grind mark on my right side exhaust pipe. [smiley=applause.gif] [smiley=applause.gif] I'm so much more excitied then my wife is......

108, I can bring a copy of my last background check I got in the military if it makes you feel better. Wait a sec, I was in the Air Force, not the military, nevermind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.